Angela's Comments

Comment Wall (97 comments)

You need to be a member of PPMD Community to add comments!

Join PPMD Community

At 7:53am on November 10, 2008, Julie Garcia said…
Hi!

Just stopped by and wanted to say hello. I hope all is well.

Julie
At 10:31pm on November 9, 2008, Ivy Scherbarth said…
Feel free to take the photo ideas and run with them! Our photographer, Betsy, has donated these to us to share with the PPMD community. I would be honored to share the pictures for any kind of fundraising or awareness campaign. I just don't know who to contact to do that. Especially the b&w I think turned out great.

Ivy
At 1:42pm on November 7, 2008, Stefanie Killian said…
Ang,

Glad your trip went "well". It's all relative you know! I had an interesting conversation with Abbie the other day about DMD in our lives. One of the things she told me is that she respects us for doing something to make a difference. If nothing else our boys and their families are showing others how to fight and change what is. It's not fun for the boys and our families to be test subjects but our head is not in the sand and we are making it better for so many others that follow. Jack is one of the boys in the front leading the way! Abbie also told me how much it means to her to know other DMD families and that she always enjoys seeing you guys. You are family too now! Hope your trip to Florida is easy next week. Maybe it will be warm since you will be there on vacation to rest and relax - not!!!!

Stefanie
At 12:42pm on November 7, 2008, Stefanie Killian said…
Hope your visit to Utah went well. How did Jack and Amber do? I am so thrilled it is Friday. I think we are having birthday parties Friday, Saturday, and Sunday next weekend for Abbie, Nick and Sam. We will be exhausted but it will be fun! How the heck do you add the counter thing to your page?

Stefanie
At 11:18am on October 28, 2008, Dina said…
Angela,
It just helps knowing that someone else is going throught the same things and it really helps.
thanks!
At 1:50pm on October 22, 2008, Stefanie Killian said…
We were hoping it would work out for you, but know that you all are so busy right now. Is your crazy pace going to slow down anytime soon? We just got back from Cincy last night, have Sam's Day on Saturday, 2 baseball games next week, the NY marathon the next week and then our schedule will let up. We are going to have to play catch up with 2 of our October birthdays in November! Christmas will seem like a vacation. It's all good though, it keeps us young.

Talk to you soon!
Stefanie
At 10:55am on October 18, 2008, Jamie Romito said…
Oh by the way I just viewed your pictures, thats awesome!!
I bet Jack is really enjoying his dog
Jamie Romito
At 10:52am on October 18, 2008, Jamie Romito said…
Hi,
We are all okay. Just awaiting for the arrival of our 4th baby boy, due Dec 17th. Good to hear from you. Sounds like your boys are doing good. Yeah we need to get together for coffee. We've just been so busy with football season and everything eles. Richard is one of the assistant coaches for Nicks school football team, so that and work takes up almost all of his time.
I've been trying to work when he is off. So it gets chaotic.
But thanks I'll definantly sign up with the Colorado group. Keep in touch. Me and the younger 2 boys are not busy during the week.
Jamie
At 7:27am on October 15, 2008, Gary Stepp said…
Absolutely, feel free to do so. I have discussed this with Garin and he is very excited about the possibility of a "help dog", as he calls it. I also explained that it could take a few years to make this a reality, however his excitement is building! Thanks for this lead!
At 9:32am on October 13, 2008, Gary Stepp said…
I thought of another question... Last night I was talking to Garin about the possibility of him getting a "help dog" - as he calls it... He said something about his dog going to school with him every day. I was curious, is Jack in public school and does Amber go to school with him. Your site has inspired me, I spent time yesterday reviewing the Canine Assistants web site. The founder of the organization has an amazing story herself.
At 4:24pm on October 12, 2008, barbara stringer said…
Great family photos Angela. This site is amazing and so comforting that we are not alone in this battle. I have seen so many strong and devoted people who love their sons so much it is heartwarming. You are all doing such positive activities which brings you all so much closer together. Wishing you all well.
Barbara... grandmother of Skyler age 5
At 12:04pm on October 11, 2008, Gary Stepp said…
Thanks for your reply. I have always admired any type of assistance dogs. As a dog lover myself I have such respect for these dogs as they learn to provide such a valuable service to their owners. Honestly, here is my worst fear: I have lost many dogs over the years and it is painful, they are such a part of the family. I know that the bond between owner and assistant dog must be stronger than any bond between man and pet. Knowing the lifespan of these dogs and knowing that it is very likely that these boys will lose these dogs at a time when they need them most is surely a horrible emotional experience for them. Just to be blunt, it seems that this would be a vivid reminder of the pending death sentence that our boys face with this disease, seeing their best friend pass away. I know that we all face death and death is as much a part of life as anything else, however it is a concern of mine with the assist dogs. Was this a consideration with Jacks pal? How old was Amber when you got her?
At 8:24pm on October 10, 2008, Karen Barnett said…
Angela,
I just love the pictures of Jack and his dog! I would be curious to know how it is going. They look very bonded. We just applied for a service dog over the summer for Daniel and are waiting.
At 8:01pm on October 10, 2008, Gary Stepp said…
Hello. You may this information in here somewhere, however I am interested in learning more about Jacks beautiful golden retriever. I saw the photo of him working with the trainer. Garin loves dogs and had a Golden (Colby)earlier this year although he was just a pet and not a trained service dog. Sadly, we lost Colby after only 7 months due to a very serious intestinal infection. I would like to know more about where you got Amber and a little about the training process and what she is able to do for Jack. I am certain that the companionship is enough, but tell me more.
Thanks.
Gary
At 4:22pm on October 10, 2008, vicki george said…
thank you so much, i can only wounder what is to come because they say every child is different, i just wish that god would bless everyone and make it all go away. i cant help but to be scared when the day comes that i will have to explain this to him, when he is old enough to understand.
At 2:24pm on September 30, 2008, ferre said…
hello ang

i've seen the photos upon; they are great

how is jack? have you seen some improvment; have you heard comment of others parents. hoping so much from this trial

best
françoise
At 9:49am on September 28, 2008, Christine Piacentino said…
Thanks Ang! Loved the pic.
At 7:03pm on September 27, 2008, Christine Piacentino said…
Hi Angela,

Glad you all could meet. One of this trips it will be my turn to travel to Salt Lake, looking forward to meeting your family also.

Glad the boys had a good time!
At 5:20pm on September 8, 2008, Ivy Scherbarth said…
Thanks. I'll look into it.
At 2:03am on September 6, 2008, Lee Ann Faeth said…
Hi Angela,

What a contagious smile Jack has!! You've got a very handsome young man. :) I have a quick question for you. I was viewing your pics and saw Jack's 90 degree angle chair. Could you please tell me where you got it. Avery is still in preschool and my husband did make a box for his feet to keep him aligned properly in class, but I really think the chair would be beneficial during circle time, etc.

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service