In three days the HCMD Phase II Project on World Community Grid will have completed 4 full months of computation. As of today, 9/9/09, worldwide volunteers have contributed 4,004 years of computational time to this very important project.
THAT IS AN AMAZING 40 CENTURIES!!!!
The attached chart is somewhat busy and there is detail there that may seem counter-intuitive (easily explained to anyone who wishes to know), but the keys are:
* The trend for donated computational time has risen over time (now roughly 1 century CPU/day)
* The highest value positions placed at front of computational batches
- This allows scientists to begin analyzing these sooner
- This does not diminish the need for computing all of the remaining positions
- Roughly 2.6% of all computational positions completing/completed to date
There is still a great deal of computation required to complete this project and plenty of time to signup and contribute!
See World Community Grid Home Page and research projects at http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org