Roy using HeadMouse

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 87

Albums: Life

Comment

You need to be a member of PPMD Community to add comments!

Join PPMD Community

Comment by Ann Avery on March 25, 2010 at 9:40pm
Yohannes, Is the battery you are getting for your chair power, or is it for a vent? If if is for the chair then I need to know what make and model chair you have. With that information I can tel you what the proper size battery it has and how to get to the batteries. These chairs are 24 volts and raun 2 12 volt batteries. Usualy they are one of 3 sizes, The large ones are group 24 batteries, the next sizew down is the group 22, followed by the group UM1. If yours is an Invacare Ranger or Storm likw Roy'a they use group 24, A keeper on the back holds in two battery boxes, one behind the other, remove the keeper or lift the bale and slide the boxes out. The wiring is connected to the lid. If you have a different model, let me know and I can help there, I can provide pictures if that will help.
Comment by yohannes getahun bizuneh on March 25, 2010 at 2:44am
your wheelchair looks like mine but i am on the way to buy a battery but i dont know haw the battery will be conected with the chair could you send me a phoyo haw you have connected it?
Comment by Ann Avery on February 25, 2010 at 1:56pm
Claire--somehow we got our comment to you on my profile page so don't know if you saw long answer we gave you. Will fix shortly. Sorry,
Comment by Ann Avery on February 19, 2010 at 7:09pm
Hey Claire--So happy to know your son is getting NIV. Would you need me to send photos of how we have it set up? As it happens my hubby is a wheelchair repair guy and he made a bracket holder for the vent. When we first got Roy's vent they gave it to us in a huge Plexiglas box that interfered with the chair's ability to recline. Son wrote to company and they sent us a free bracket which hubby installed. The hose first came around son's shoulder but hubby redid it's path to come from below. I'm sure my hubby could help the vendor come up with a plan if they cannot figure it out. I am glad your son has a goal, and hope he enjoys school like we did. ANN.
Comment by Claire Albertson on February 19, 2010 at 8:18am
Ann,

Your son looks great! My son has the exact same chair. Patrick is 21 and we are in the process of getting a non-invasive system for his chair. Our wheelchair vendor has never dealt with it before. They are looking for a bracket arrangement to hold his bi-pap and figuring a way to power the bi-pap from the wheelchair batteries. Those batteries are heavy enough; should be enough to power the bi-pap too! Pat is in college part-time now. My dream is for him to get a job in graphic design.
Thank you for posting these photos.

Claire Albertson

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2022   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service