My son Gustin(17) is having trouble with his right leg falling asleep at night. He takes Hydrocodone for pain already plus Advil PM before bed. His leg falls asleep and starts to hurt which keeps waking him up, sometimes only an hour after falling asleep. Has this happened to any of your boys? He sleeps on a adjustable electric bed with a 3 inch memory foam. Anyone have any ideas! He has been under Hospice Care for about 4 mos. They are such wonderful people and certainly have been trying very hard to get his pain under control. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

Laurie,

My son Garrett is 17 and does not have this problem. I see from his picture your son is very thin ... is he on any steroids? Has he gone thru puberty? What medicines does he take? I've been trying to connect with parents with a boy close to the same age as my son to compare notes. Are you interested? Thanks! ~Vicky
A Hillrom air mattress might help
best wishes
Lynne in Cardiff Wales
Gustin wasn't always thin just over the past two years he has lost weight. The reason he is under Hospice care is because his health wasn't good enough to do a feeding tube 4 mos ago. Also he didn't want it at all. He has been maintaining at 75-78 lbs. His lack of body fat is definately the reason for the pain. He loves his bed and is comfortable excepting for his leg falling asleep and if he lays in one position for more than 2-3 hours. He's not on steroids he has gone through puberty and the only medicines are Percocet and Advil PM. Thank you for your help.

Vicky Williamson said:
Laurie,

My son Garrett is 17 and does not have this problem. I see from his picture your son is very thin ... is he on any steroids? Has he gone thru puberty? What medicines does he take? I've been trying to connect with parents with a boy close to the same age as my son to compare notes. Are you interested? Thanks! ~Vicky

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service