Single and dealing with DMD

Information

Single and dealing with DMD

This group is for anyone that is or about to be single, and their families with DMD/BMD.

Members: 30
Latest Activity: Feb 13, 2017

Discussions

who are you?

Started by Mitch. Last reply by Mitch Jan 8, 2009. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Single and dealing with DMD to add comments!

Comment by KarstensMom on January 8, 2009 at 8:22pm
Thanks for the advice. My first instinct was to just be open about it, so mabe that is the way I should do it. Hope you guys have had a good day.
Comment by Mitch on January 8, 2009 at 5:18pm
oops I see a typo in my comment, I have Duchenne muscular dystrophy not began.muscular dystrophy!
Comment by Mitch on January 8, 2009 at 5:16pm
I agree with Tanya, putting the diagnosis out there and being honest about that diagnosis is the best way.
Comment by Tanya Fleming on January 8, 2009 at 4:55pm
I would put the diagnosis out there and like you said those that can't deal with it good riddance, but I think you may be surprised, people are all different as I am sure you have found out. I am not interested in dating either, but finding good friends that understand would be great. Houston is a busy place.
Comment by KarstensMom on January 8, 2009 at 3:58pm
I am not interested in dating (yet), that is not why I've joined this group. My hope is that those of you who have been dealing with this longer than I will have some good advice for me as far as coping with this alone and other things. the question on my mind lately has to do with telling other people about Karsten.... For example, I've just moved back to my hometown and have recently gotten in contact with tons of old friends, people I haven't seen or spoken to in years. While I'm excited about reconnecting I don't know how I feel about sharing Karstens diagnosis.... Part of me wants to just put it out there and whoever can't handle it, then good riddance, and part of me wants to protect myself and him from getting my feelings hurt or the wrong kind of attention...
Comment by KarstensMom on January 8, 2009 at 3:46pm
Techinically, only a few months. Why do you ask?
Comment by Tanya Fleming on January 8, 2009 at 3:43pm
I understand.
Comment by Tanya Fleming on January 8, 2009 at 3:27pm
Welcome Jaime. Thank you for joining the group. How long have you been single?
Comment by KarstensMom on January 8, 2009 at 2:53pm
Hi. I'm Jaime, single mom to Karsten.
Comment by Mitch on January 1, 2009 at 7:18pm
my name is Mitch, I am 23 years old and I have began muscular dystrophy. I live at home with my mom, younger brother, and my beautiful canine companion Lynelle. I am single as I have been my whole life but I would really like to change that someday. Hopefully this group will help me with that, it could be a great way to meet new people.

Members (30)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service