My husband and I only found out our 8 year old had Duchennes this past March. We have been seperated for 5 years and have recently reconciled,for many reasons,we never stopped loving one another but have found with our sons diagnosis,no-one understood us like each other and I was always the one he turned to first and vice versa. Understandably after 5 years apart it was a major decision to give our marriage another go (we never divorced) and our kids couldn't be happier. Our 6 year old drew a picture of Mummy and Daddy with a love heart between us on his first day back at school after holidays and told his whole class "on the holidays my Mummy and Daddy got back together...." don't you love the innocence of kids!

Even when we were apart,we always went to the doctors and clinics together and our bond became stronger and stronger, I know this is a very trying time for everyone but I wanted to share my story to give you all hope. My husband is very hands on,hes very involved in our sons treatment and wants to learn as much as possible.

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

Jane,
This is great! I am happy for you both! It is so nice to hear good stories. My parents have been married for over 30 years and my husband and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary next year. Growing up in a loving home with a very 'present' dad is something I have never taken for granted and I am thankful that my husband is a great dad too. It brings to mind a quote I love:
"The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."

Best Wishes to you all!
Jane,

Wow, this is truly wonderful to hear. When so many marriages fall apart, yours pulls itself together. DMD sux, well and truly, but sometimes good things come out of the bad. It doesn't make it any easier, but you are so lucky now that you are fighting the fight with your husband by your side. Your boys are very lucky, and so are you and your husband.

I wish you all the best.
Sharyn.
Rhiannon Traigle said:
Jane,
This is great! I am happy for you both! It is so nice to hear good stories. My parents have been married for over 30 years and my husband and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary next year. Growing up in a loving home with a very 'present' dad is something I have never taken for granted and I am thankful that my husband is a great dad too. It brings to mind a quote I love:
"The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."

Best Wishes to you all!

Rhiannon, beautiful quote. My husband always says "happy wife, happy life" and it is true. Our happiness is reflected in our kids, so we need to make sure we are happy in ourselves and make each other happy so that the effect "flows through".

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service