Information

Duchenne Smiles

A Duchenne smile is a True smile, cannot be faked and exemplifies true enjoyment.

Members: 115
Latest Activity: Feb 27, 2014

A Duchenne Smile, A true smile

Since finding out about Jake and Colin having DMD, I have not had a lot of joy come from the word Duchenne. It’s was not a word I was aware of before the boys’ diagnosis, and if given the choice I’d rather not know its meaning. Learning the word along with the new adventure coming with it has made it a word that I don’t like to say. Well today while searching the word on google, I found a meaning that I like A LOT better. A Duchenne smile. A Duchenne smile is a True smile, cannot be faked and exemplifies true enjoyment. I thought how ironic, our boys at times may find it hard to smile, but when they truly do, it carries the same name as what can make for hard days. So I decided to make this group, where we can share stories and photos of our boys and they’re Duchenne smiles  I encourage you to do so. I’d rather associate the word Duchenne with a smile..how bout you?
The main photo is of my son Jake at his make a wish trip. He asked to meet the coast guard, and that “Duchenne smile” pretty much sums up what a great experience it was.
Peace and Love…..Danielle Bath

P.S. here is a link to its description on wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile

Discussions

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Duchenne Smiles to add comments!

Comment by Cheryl Markey on February 25, 2009 at 9:08am
While Adam is still asleep with his faithful companion right besides him, Patches his 13 yr. old Shih Tzu, thought I'd jump on PPMD for abit before going to fold clothes.....wow! this took off fast.....also I am glad to see all the pics everyone has shared and what awesome smiles :-) !
Blessings to each of you,
Cheryl
Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:36am
Duchenne's smile would be the last one to take away. Cherish all of them. Create as many as possible.
Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:22am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:21am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:18am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:15am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:15am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:11am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:10am

Comment by BOZ4J on February 25, 2009 at 2:08am

Members (112)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service