Information

Duchenne Smiles

A Duchenne smile is a True smile, cannot be faked and exemplifies true enjoyment.

Members: 115
Latest Activity: Feb 27, 2014

A Duchenne Smile, A true smile

Since finding out about Jake and Colin having DMD, I have not had a lot of joy come from the word Duchenne. It’s was not a word I was aware of before the boys’ diagnosis, and if given the choice I’d rather not know its meaning. Learning the word along with the new adventure coming with it has made it a word that I don’t like to say. Well today while searching the word on google, I found a meaning that I like A LOT better. A Duchenne smile. A Duchenne smile is a True smile, cannot be faked and exemplifies true enjoyment. I thought how ironic, our boys at times may find it hard to smile, but when they truly do, it carries the same name as what can make for hard days. So I decided to make this group, where we can share stories and photos of our boys and they’re Duchenne smiles  I encourage you to do so. I’d rather associate the word Duchenne with a smile..how bout you?
The main photo is of my son Jake at his make a wish trip. He asked to meet the coast guard, and that “Duchenne smile” pretty much sums up what a great experience it was.
Peace and Love…..Danielle Bath

P.S. here is a link to its description on wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile

Discussions

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Duchenne Smiles to add comments!

Comment by Amanda Trosper on October 29, 2009 at 11:20pm
This is Damien he like's clowns so he likes to dress like one
Comment by Amanda Trosper on October 29, 2009 at 11:20pm

Comment by Adele on October 29, 2009 at 9:00pm
The handsome young man on the right is Jason. Jason was the Best Man at his older brother's wedding
Comment by Adele on October 29, 2009 at 8:59pm

Comment by sharon Wilmot on October 29, 2009 at 8:29pm

This is a picture of my Grandson Louie. What a lovely Duchenne smile.
Comment by Candace Miller on September 24, 2009 at 12:52am

This is my 4 year old Duchenne Smile along with his 2 year old cousin Hannah.
Comment by Patti Frank on August 15, 2009 at 3:24pm
Thanks Micha's Dad for the photo tip -- it worked!
Comment by Patti Frank on August 13, 2009 at 10:54pm

This picture says it all. Kevin has a wonderful Duchenne smile. Looking at that smile usually chases the worry away (well at least for awhile).
Comment by kimmy watters on August 7, 2009 at 9:00pm
danielle i just love the pictures of your boys , you mom do an awsome jobs everyday i truly send my hats off to all of you. i to have my challengs. kimmy
Comment by Adele on August 6, 2009 at 8:50pm
Tanya, I'm sorry that I never sent congratulations to you and your upcomming union. May you have many joyfull days.

Members (112)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service