I have hotel reservations for Hannaford Suites. I am concerned about our new service dog. This will be the first time (aside from our hotel stay during service dog camp) staying in a hotel with the service dog. CCHMC scheduled it for us but I am not sure they mentioned the service dog. I will eventually call them about it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. By law, service dogs have access to all public places (except operating rooms and OB units), but sometimes access is denied due to lack of knowledge about the laws. When access is denied it is best to let them know about the laws but if they still deny access it is best to politely tell them you will find another hotel.

My question is "Has anyone ever had a service dog at Hannaford Suites?"

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

I just called the hotel and they said it has already been noted that we will be bringing a service dog and there is no additional charge. This is a relief because I've heard about service dogs being denied access in hotels. Sometimes people confuse service dogs with pets.
where did you get your service dog and how long did the process take? Thanks! -Kelly Morony
Hi Kelly. We got the dog from Canine Assistants. Bradley was on the waiting list for 3 years. You can get an application and medical form off of their website. The medical form would need to be signed by the physician. The hardest is the wait but it was definately worth the wait for us. The website is http://www.canineassistants.org/applying.html if you are interested.

Kelly Morony said:
where did you get your service dog and how long did the process take? Thanks! -Kelly Morony
Hi Lisa,

My husband (Sean) and son (Cade-8) will be in Cincy next week too. Perhaps you can meet. Cade's appts are mainly on the 6th, but they aren't flying home until the 8th. -Kelly Morony
This may be too late.

My son, Ryan,16, has had Sicily for almost 3 yrs now(Canine Assistant also). We have been to many hotels/motels without problems. Just make sure you bring her license and shot record. If you are going out of state, email Canine Asistant and they can send you the state laws for that particular state to show if you have any problems. The only time we had a problem is checking in on the night shift when a manager wasn't around. But a quick call to the manager fix things. Good Luck and don't worry. You will be surprised at the welcome your son and Sky will get.
Kelly,
I feel so bad. I am just now finding this message. I don't know how I missed it. I'm always happy to meet other families dealing with DMD.

But it was a rushed trip in January. We drove to get there Tuesday night and drove back home Thursday night. So there was little time to visit.

We are going again June 10-11 for appointments but we are going to be there the 8th-12 of June in Cincy.

Kelly Morony said:
Hi Lisa,

My husband (Sean) and son (Cade-8) will be in Cincy next week too. Perhaps you can meet. Cade's appts are mainly on the 6th, but they aren't flying home until the 8th. -Kelly Morony
Everything did go well with Sky at the hotel and the hospital, not to mention going out to eat. But thanks for reminding me about keeping his shot record available. Didn't think about it on the trip.

Susan Nantais said:
This may be too late.

My son, Ryan,16, has had Sicily for almost 3 yrs now(Canine Assistant also). We have been to many hotels/motels without problems. Just make sure you bring her license and shot record. If you are going out of state, email Canine Asistant and they can send you the state laws for that particular state to show if you have any problems. The only time we had a problem is checking in on the night shift when a manager wasn't around. But a quick call to the manager fix things. Good Luck and don't worry. You will be surprised at the welcome your son and Sky will get.

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service