Make Sunday your Recipe Marathon day! Enter your recipes all day on Sunday for the PPMD cookbook. Have fun!

To enter you unlimited recipes go to:
www.typensave.com
Enter your name as a Contributor
Group log in is: ppmdcommunity
Password is: 4daam

Please use the spell check when done entering the recipes. We will do this every Sunday until 2/1/10; but you are free to do it any day of the week as well.

Thank you!

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

Well I was able to post some recipes yesterday. It really is fun! Hope some more of you will go in and post your recipes.
I have a question Dee. Is there a way we can go in and see what recipes are posted so we don't add any that might be close to what's already there?
Yes...once you are in you can click on view by category or view by contributors (or something to that sort!). If you click view by category it will list by category all the recipes in that category. If you click on view by contributor, it will list all the contributors by (alphabet) order and what recipes they put in. Hope that is hopeful! :) dee

Jacobs Mommom said:
I have a question Dee. Is there a way we can go in and see what recipes are posted so we don't add any that might be close to what's already there?
I thought this important to share.
Did you know that in Scotland, Action Duchenne has recently created a cookbook fundraiser called The Caledonian Kitchen. The ISBN is: 978-978-0-956189 but I couldn't find it on Amazon. I ordered it through the website below -- they converted my dollars for me. Funds go for research for a cure for DMD.

Here's the website:
http://www.thecaledoniankitchen.co.uk
If you search on-line you'll get more related stories.

I treasure this cookbook. The layout is beautiful.

The Table of Contents is below:

Foreword
A Message from Action Duchenne
Acknowledgements

Then the recipe sections (3):

Celebrities (they included recipes from 40 prominent figures)
Restaurants (34 award winning chefs from Scottish restaurants)
Supporters (50 Scots across the country)
Starts, Soups & Salads
Main Dishes
Desserts & Baking
Sponsors (ads in color from anything from restaurants, breweries, and other businesses)
Notes (just blank lined pages for what you might want to jot down)

What I like about what they've done is provided recipes not only from each other but also from Celebrities and Restaurants. I think that would make people really want to own this book. We could include in the Celebrities category, some of the House and Senate (Congress members) we advocate to -- I think all would gladly provide a recipe -- maybe even President Obama. That would get more attention and probably some free publicitiy. Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown provided a recipe for Steak Pie - yum! A small photograph and their signature is on the page with the recipe.

A person active with The Caledonian Kitchen cookbook project is veteran actress Eileen McCallum who, like me, has two grandsons with DMD.

They've kind of paved the way.
Did you know that in Scotland, Action Duchenne has recently created a cookbook fundraiser called The Caledonian Kitchen. The ISBN is: 978-978-0-956189 but I couldn't find it on Amazon. I ordered it through the website below -- they converted my dollars for me. Funds go for research for a cure for DMD.

Here's the website:

Foreword
Acknowledgements

Starts, Soups & Salads
Main Dishes
Desserts & Baking
Sponsors (ads in color from anything from restaurants, breweries, and other businesses)

What I like about what they've done is provided recipes not only from each other but also from Celebrities and Restaurants. I think that would make people really want to own this book. We could include in the Celebrities category, some of the House and Senate (Congress members) we advocate to -- I think all would gladly provide a recipe -- maybe even President Obama. That would get more attention and probably some free publicitiy. Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown provided a recipe for Steak Pie - yum! A small photograph and their signature is on the page with the recipe.

A person active with The Caledonian Kitchen cookbook project is veteran actress Eileen McCallum who, like me, has two grandsons with DMD.

Hi Gail! Yes I saw the cookbook from Scotland. It is a very nice book. I already talked to the author of the coobook and he was very plesant about it. He gave me a lot of info via email. Thanks again for sharing. Dee

Gail D. McVicker said:

Here's the website:

Foreword
Acknowledgements

Starts, Soups & Salads
Main Dishes
Desserts & Baking

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service