Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure if anyone else has been following this article?
My son was diagnosed over nine years ago. I have heard different variation of this same story over the years. People and places change but in the end it never really goes anywhere. Don't you think if there was really anything to this it would have been all over the international news by now. All of the proof they have to say it works is merely a parents observations after the treatments. I do understand the desire to do everything possible for our children but I don't know about you but before I spend 8 to 9,000 dollars and the cost of all the traveling you'd have to give me a bit more proof.

Snake doctors have been around for centuries and I don't imagine they will go away any time soon.

Janine
Have a look at the discussion under TECHNOLOGY, stem cells, here at PPMD. someone else has looked into this Medra thing as did my husband and I. I'll believe it when I see it.
Dear Janine. Have a look a this: http://community.parentprojectmd.org/forum/topics/embryonic-stem-ce...

Greg

Janine said:
My son was diagnosed over nine years ago. I have heard different variation of this same story over the years. People and places change but in the end it never really goes anywhere. Don't you think if there was really anything to this it would have been all over the international news by now. All of the proof they have to say it works is merely a parents observations after the treatments. I do understand the desire to do everything possible for our children but I don't know about you but before I spend 8 to 9,000 dollars and the cost of all the traveling you'd have to give me a bit more proof.

Snake doctors have been around for centuries and I don't imagine they will go away any time soon.

Janine
Hi Greg,

Nobody wants stem cells or any other option out there to work more than we, parents of Duchenne boys. Duchenne offers a special kind of hell for parents as we watch this disease take our sons little by little.

Stem cells will come along soon and probably help solve pieces of the Duchenne puzzle. Most likely stem cells will be able to restore lost muscle tissue and will benefit our sons after scientists can stop the disease from progressing (exon skipping, utrophin, gene therapy). Keep your eyes on stem cell research but please, with a bit of warning...do so seeking bonafide facts and understand when you are seeing that vs advertisements for money hungry fake docs and their incompetent business intanglements. The Medra thing is a complete fake; ie shows a california doctor (psych docs should not work with stem cells) administering stem cells in the dominican republic. If this were legal or ethical he would be doing this here in the usa. As it is, its just a matter of time before that "doc" gets his license pulled.

best,
cheryl
Greg,

I stand by my previous post. Even though you talked to these people it is still merely their own (wishful and hopeful) observations.

Janine

Gregoris Panayiotou said:
Dear Janine. Have a look a this: http://community.parentprojectmd.org/forum/topics/embryonic-stem-ce...

Greg

Janine said:

Janine
I agree with you.

Greg

Janine said:
Greg,

I stand by my previous post. Even though you talked to these people it is still merely their own (wishful and hopeful) observations.

Janine

Gregoris Panayiotou said:

Greg

Janine said:

Janine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service