I am researching options for a friend, a nice young man living in Wales who would benefit from obtaining one. Does anyone have any information about portable ventilators - what kind - who makes them - do they work well, ect...

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Cheryl;
Portable ventilators vary depending on where you are located. Here in BC Canada we have a program associated with the Respiratory Outreach Program with the Provincial Government. Here is their toll free number- not sure if it will work outside of Canada. 1-866-326-1245.

The ventilators Curtis used became more and more compact. All of these were very dependable and versitile. Hope this helps, let me know as I can research an alternate number if needed.
Robyn
You are a sweetheart Robyn, thanks!! I will try the number and see where it takes me.

Hope you are doing well,
cheryl
Cheryl I have asked my local resp team about vents, am waiting on them to get back to me.

cheryl cliff said:
You are a sweetheart Robyn, thanks!! I will try the number and see where it takes me.

Hope you are doing well,
cheryl
Ok Ian, just let me know if you want me to look into this further because I will be happy to. If for some reason your resp team doesn't get something to you in a timely manner don't hesitate to ask.

cheryl

Ian Anthony Griffiths said:
Cheryl I have asked my local resp team about vents, am waiting on them to get back to me.

cheryl cliff said:
You are a sweetheart Robyn, thanks!! I will try the number and see where it takes me.

Hope you are doing well,
cheryl
I would suggest considering a Newport HT 50 (they have a website) Several if not all of the young men in WA state use this ventilator. It can be hung off of the back of a powerchair or set on a vent tray (which extends off of the back of a powerchair). We have a wonderful respiratory therapist and Pulmonologist who are big proponents of sip and puff for daytime ventilatory support. I think that they would be willing to be a resource for either yourself or the young man in Wales. If you would like their contact information please let me know.
Good luck,
Katherine
I'll certainly let you know Cheryl, thank you very much :)

cheryl cliff said:
Ok Ian, just let me know if you want me to look into this further because I will be happy to. If for some reason your resp team doesn't get something to you in a timely manner don't hesitate to ask.

cheryl

Ian Anthony Griffiths said:
Cheryl I have asked my local resp team about vents, am waiting on them to get back to me.

cheryl cliff said:
You are a sweetheart Robyn, thanks!! I will try the number and see where it takes me.

Hope you are doing well,
cheryl
Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the info. Your vent sounds really flexible and easy to use, which is perfect for our guys. I very much appreciate your help but it seems as though this nice young man has already begun the process to find something over there. I expect he will ask for more help if it doesn't come thru.

thanks again
cheryl


Katherine M. Reynoldson said:
I would suggest considering a Newport HT 50 (they have a website) Several if not all of the young men in WA state use this ventilator. It can be hung off of the back of a powerchair or set on a vent tray (which extends off of the back of a powerchair). We have a wonderful respiratory therapist and Pulmonologist who are big proponents of sip and puff for daytime ventilatory support. I think that they would be willing to be a resource for either yourself or the young man in Wales. If you would like their contact information please let me know.
Good luck,
Katherine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service