Are there any news on the D.Duboc trial dealing introducing Perinoprl very early in disease. The results were supposed by the end of 2011. As main endpoint  was walking distance secondly the cardiac and skeletal fibrosis.

Views: 812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As far as I know the youngest boys were 3,4 years old.

Wow, so young. Does it have any long term side effects?

Peter said:

As far as I know the youngest boys were 3,4 years old.

I don't know what the long term side effects might be. I talked to professor Duboc. He said he had evidences/data that giving peridopril at dosage 0,15 mg/kg/day for kids starting from 5 years of age is safe and beneficial. He also added that he believed (doesn't had data yet) that 3 year old boys will benefit from it even more. He is now starting another test with young children.

I talked to kids cardiologist in Poland and he said that ACE Inhibitors are being given to kids from very young age (because of different hearth illnesses) and the drugs are safe on long run.

Thank you for letting me know. I plan to start lisinopril in my 5 yo, however I remember some of my friends having some trouble to get it prescribed for their sons at such an early age in the US. I am quite concerned that we will need to use these medications for many many years, starting  at such an early age and no one has studied the long term side effects.

Peter said:

I don't know what the long term side effects might be. I talked to professor Duboc. He said he had evidences/data that giving peridopril at dosage 0,15 mg/kg/day for kids starting from 5 years of age is safe and beneficial. He also added that he believed (doesn't had data yet) that 3 year old boys will benefit from it even more. He is now starting another test with young children.

I talked to kids cardiologist in Poland and he said that ACE Inhibitors are being given to kids from very young age (because of different hearth illnesses) and the drugs are safe on long run.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service