I'm new to the parent project community and I hope you can help me with some advice.I'm researching how to find a live in caretaker. Well, I get 356 care hours from Washington DSHS. I use an agency. My dad is an unpaid caretaker to cover my lack of hours. He is moving to learn to be a flight instructor. I'm staying in town because I want to be more independent. When he moves out I will not have enough care hours from the state to support my need for 24-hour care. We had the idea of using all my care hours and supplementing what I can't pay for free rent and utilities.

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to http://www.wasilc.org the WashingtonState independent living centers.

Do you have an ADAPT organization in Washington State.

Find a roommate with a disability who can do things you can,t.

The ILC can help you plan

Mother of John, Age 21, DMD

Reply to Discussion


Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.



© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service