I've got to give Laurie credit for this, since I saw this in one of her status updates.

Intel is running a contest to give away $50,000 in co-branded advertising to a non-profit. The top 32 vote-getters will compete for the prize. If you have a Facebook account, go to this app http://apps.facebook.com/voteforacause/

You can vote once a day. PPMD is currently #30 and could rise pretty quickly if everyone gets on board and votes. Also, please send the link to all of your Facebook friends and encourage them to vote daily as well. It costs them nothing other than ten seconds of their time.

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They aren't giving the vote totals anymore. They did in the preliminary round. They told me that they thought it swayed the voting if you knew the running total - probably true in some cases.

I'm going to contact all the non-profits that dropped out and ask their supporters to vote for us. Anyone that can offer some time tonight or tomorrow to help, please send me a friend request.
We made the cut and we're in Round 3. There's only 8 non-profits left. The next round ends Monday night. You can vote every day.

If you're on Facebook, it takes two seconds to vote. Ask your friends to vote. There's a template you can send out earlier in this thread. If you're not on Facebook, it takes 5 minutes to register a free account.
WE CAN DO THIS, I KNOW WE CAN!!!!!!!

Keith Van Houten said:
We made the cut and we're in Round 3. There's only 8 non-profits left. The next round ends Monday night. You can vote every day.

If you're on Facebook, it takes two seconds to vote. Ask your friends to vote. There's a template you can send out earlier in this thread. If you're not on Facebook, it takes 5 minutes to register a free account.
In the initial rounds, I believe we ended at #4 or 5. This is where we need every vote. Hopefully, with the networking Keith has done and the addition of the folks from the Uncancel MDA Summer Camp group, we have th evotes to keep going. But we can't win on hope alone, so vote, vote, VOTE!
I am so excited we've gotten this far! Keep up the great work and keep spreading the word!!
Don't forget to vote again today for round 4!!!!!!
It is still showing as round 3 even though the dates in the rules say it should be round 4 . . . ????
I know that is odd.
The 1st round of voting was the "qualifying round". The 2nd round of voting is what they call "round 1" on the website.

I thought it was odd too.
Looks like it's down to 4 this morning.
and if the qualifying round was anything to go by, Cherubs are going to put up a strong fight right up to the end.......I am hounding everyone big time and will really up the anti if we make it to the final 2, as we are up against a genetic condition that occurs 1 in 2500, and is therefore more common (and has a larger parent base on FB)
Did we make the cut to the final 4? I can't get to Facebook from work...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service