PPMD Community

I attended a conference at UC Davis in Sacramento California over the holiday weekend. This is the same clinic that my son attends. i have the upmost respect for dr. Craig McDonald who is the primary presenter at the conference.
I was absolutely floored by the results he presented from a biotechnology company called Cardero and a substance called epicatechin in 6 Becker patients. it was only an 8 week trial so there is simply looking at biomarkers and not functional results. But the biomarkers were uniformly positive cross several dimensions including follistatin myostatin and so forth.Dr McDonald then indicated that he was looking for research dollars to apply this to Duchenne. I strongly encourage PPMD to look closely at this project.

Views: 1831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can Follidrone do any slight improvement for those who use it?
I am intrested too.i saw i can Order it in the internet

Rados Agnes can you tell if you are still continuing with Follidrone and did you see any improvement.

In the first few months i saw, but now in case of strenght nothing special. But he has gained 8 kg. He was very thin, only 21kgs.  

New info to share. Cardero just posted new trial (not yet recruiting) that is the first I've known to focus on synthetic compound. It's not Duchenne, but implies they've been manufacturing the drug.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02660112?term=cardero&am...

PPMD: Any information to share about Duchenne trial? CEO in December webinar said "First Quarter 2016" ...

Toooooooooooooooo slow. I am afraid that this generation will not see any DMD drug!with this slow motion word (optimism) is questioned!

no Utrophin trial update,no Epicatechin in DMD!!!!

True!!!
I'm frustrated too. But you can't compare with utrophin. That has been languishing for a decade. Cardero has moved much faster in comparison, and has been bold about focusing on older subjects. I believe the CEO when he set a goal for approval in 4 years.
That's a very good news David. Hope they will be true to their words and boys soon get the benefit.

See post re Summit starting phase 2 with Utrophin upregulation. Been a very long time coming.  UK to start but waiting on approval from FDA for US part of trial.

Moein said:

Toooooooooooooooo slow. I am afraid that this generation will not see any DMD drug!with this slow motion word (optimism) is questioned!

no Utrophin trial update,no Epicatechin in DMD!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2017   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service