Hi. Luc has Duchenne and is 3 and a half years old. He gets extremely tired at around midday but in typical 3 year old fashion refuses to go to sleep.

Does anyone have the same situation or any tips as he really needs to have his sleep and I have tried a number of things.

Views: 164

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Our DMD son could not resist falling asleep whenever we drove in the car. It was like that from age 3-7. Often for our non-DMD son as well.

I don't think you want to go driving around everyday just so he takes a nap, but maybe is a walk with him in a stroller a possibility, because that often seemed to work as well? It's difficult to deal with a kid that is exhausted but refuses to even try to sleep, in fact fights it!

Good luck,

Andrea

Hi Andrea

I would not mind so much except that he has DMD I think the stroller idea is the one I am going to give a whirl so to speak as yes the car is a quick way for him. My oldest son who does not have DMD never slept in the day at this age but it was not a problem.

Thanks so much for the tip!

Andrea Cleary said:

Our DMD son could not resist falling asleep whenever we drove in the car. It was like that from age 3-7. Often for our non-DMD son as well.

I don't think you want to go driving around everyday just so he takes a nap, but maybe is a walk with him in a stroller a possibility, because that often seemed to work as well? It's difficult to deal with a kid that is exhausted but refuses to even try to sleep, in fact fights it!

Good luck,

Andrea

I just thought of something else, Angelique. I don't know if it would get Luc to fall asleep, but my boys always sleep better (even now at 10 and 13) at night and later in the morning when there is some "white noise", like a fan or an air cleaner, humidifier, etc. Maybe if you got him to lie down for "reading time" with some books and some white noise going, maybe that would do the trick?

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service