When is the best time to get flu shots each year? I mean now in September or wait till October...also there was information about flu shots posted on this website which talks about gettting 2 shots for some cases(if he did not have a flu shot last year...). I am not sure whether they mean 2 at a time or with gap between the shots. Please help!

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think now's a great time to start getting the flu shot. If your son has never had the flu shot, then he'll need two this year. I think they do them a few weeks to a month apart, maybe just a week, I can't remember exactly. If he's only had a shot once before and only received one shot, then he'll need two this year, but just one for all subsequent years.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/flu_vaccine_updates.htm

Info for the flu vaccine for the 2008-2009 season. You would need to call your doc to find out when their shipment of vaccines will be arriving.
we just went to MD yesterday and we set up flu shots for next week. It is 2 shots the first year 3-4 weeks apart. ( i think 28 days to be exact???) how old is your son?
Thanks to all. I have schedule his for this month. He is 7 1/2 and he had 2 flu shots in 2002 (no flu shots after that year) and the pediatrician is saying he would only need one. I have been looking for something that was posted on this site earlier. I can not seem to find it now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service