We are in the process of adding a room/bath addition to our home for our son. Although we are leaning toward hardwood floors my son is not keen on the idea. He would like carpeting. I have been to public places (like our local mall) that have carpeting and it has a large amount of traffic and stands up well. Is anyone familiar with or used carpeting that worked well. I know I need something that will stand up to the weight of a power chair that he will use one day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Janine,

Check with any carpet dealer in your area and ask for "commercial grade low pile or loop weave" carpeting. It comes in all flavors and colors so your son should be able to find something he likes. If you get one with a busy pattern- it hides the dirt better (wheels from chairs). You might pay a slight amount more but in the long run it will be well worth it. Look at what they install in restaurants and hotel lobbys for examples.

good luck!
cheryl
We put a "commercial grade low pile" carpet in our house and it works great with Roland's wheelchair. Ours it a dark color that shows dirt more than I realized it would but frequently vaccuuming is expected when you have a sandy yard with little grass like we do. I am very happy with our carpet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service