A few of us were discussing medic alert bracelets and emergency contact info at the conference and what is available. My son has a medic alert bracelt but we also have an emergency medical form completed. The form was produced jointly with the American Academy of Pediatrcis and the Academy of Emergency Physicians. My son's pediatrican completed the form and we keep one in the golve compartment of our cars, one in the house, one at school and give one to anyone who is watching TIm. This way , in an emergency we can hand the medical personnel the form and not have to rely on memory for drug doses, physician names and numbers etc. I also copied the deflazacort conversion table so those unfamiliar know what the equivalent prednisone and hydrocortisone dosages would be. I am attaching a form for anyone who migfht be intereseted.

Ellen

Views: 114

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks Ellen,
Awesome!
Jenny
we also keep a copy laminated and in his backpack or side pocket of Justins powerchair. He knows where it is and, if able, can alert people to it.

--Samantha
Do you have any wording regarding Malignant Hyperthermia?
Also - can you provide a link to the deflazacort conversion table?
this is cool. I saw it in the latest MDA Quest magazine: http://www.mymedstick.com/

A little pricey, can probably do the same with any flash drive, but just use a ".txt" file instead of the software that comes with this Med Stick.
Paul,
we recieved cards at the conference with the conversion of deflasacort, if you send me your address, i will send you a card for your wallet. If you send it IM I will definetly remember to do it. my brain is not always present.
also if you go under the education topic of anestesia precaustions there is the list of drugs, under Beverlys comments , that the boys should not have
Here is a copy of the conversion chart I received from Cinncinnati Childrens Hospital. If this version is too small, let me know and I will try to enlarge the copy before I scan it.
Attachments:
Thanks Jenny,
I have no idea how to send an IM unless you are a friend... (is it possbile to do?) So please accept my request for friendship ;-).

~Paul

Jenny Garofalo said:
Paul,
we recieved cards at the conference with the conversion of deflasacort, if you send me your address, i will send you a card for your wallet. If you send it IM I will definetly remember to do it. my brain is not always present.
Thanks Ellen
~P

Ellen Wagner said:
Here is a copy of the conversion chart I received from Cinncinnati Childrens Hospital. If this version is too small, let me know and I will try to enlarge the copy before I scan it.
Ellen,
Thanks so much for sharing this form. My 5 year old son wears a medical ID bracelet, this is also great to have. I need to order a new ID, after one year it has become hard to see the info from the scratches.
Thank you so much for providing the form. My son Pat is starting college part time this fall and I wanted to have a detailed emergency info form to provide to health services and to have with him.

Thanks again,

Claire

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service