Education (198)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Muscle Biopsy?

My 3 year old son Ryan was diagnosed with DMD on May 29, 2008. He was diagnosed through the DNA sequencing test to detect DMD/BMD. His test…

Started by Jennifer Collier

10 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Rebecca

CK Counts - What do they really mean?

My son was initially diagnosed due to a CK count of 15,184. I have read were children with MD have different CK levels some lower than this…

Started by Kulwant Pannu

3 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Kulwant Pannu

How to get a free issue of Exceptional Parent Magazine for Special Needs Kids

Go to www.accessall.com and then click on the link for the blog and you will see how to order it there. It looks like it may have some help…

Started by Jacobs Mommom

0 Dec 3, 2008

IRS Pub. 502: Medical and Dental Tax Deductions

Just found a great link explaining what is covered under tax deductions: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p502.pdf

Started by Lisa Jones

1 Dec 2, 2008
Reply by Paul Cliff

Genetics

I know that DMD is passed on from mom if she is a carrier. I have not had genetic counseling and I have done some research on the internet,…

Started by Rhiannon Traigle

17 Dec 1, 2008
Reply by Ofelia Marin

Help with School...what is going on!!!

I just need some advice!! My son, who is normally very well mannered and behaved is acting out in school like I have never seen! He is 6.5…

Started by Lori Ware

18 Nov 29, 2008
Reply by Danielle L Shoupe

Talking to the class

Sam is entering 1st grade this year, and we are planning on talking with the class about his DMD. Kris' office assistant's husband is a fir…

Started by Laurie Paschal

27 Nov 29, 2008
Reply by Danielle L Shoupe

How can I tell if the steroids are helping?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I would know if the steroids were helping or not. My son is 3 1/2 years old and has been on Def…

Started by Jennifer

8 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by Joshua's mom

Personal Story needed for future educators

I am looking for someone who is interested in sharing their personal story. This would be used for my research in education. Soon I willl b…

Started by Courtney

9 Nov 27, 2008
Reply by BOZ4J

New Group?

I am pretty new here, but I did not see a group for New York. Anyone interested in starting one?

Started by Jeffrey Botwin

1 Nov 20, 2008
Reply by Paul Johnson

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service