Heidi Miller's Comments

Comment Wall (32 comments)

You need to be a member of PPMD Community to add comments!

Join PPMD Community

At 3:31pm on June 29, 2008, Julie Garcia said…
Hi Heidi!

I want to get in touch and will do so soon. Little hectic at home right now and I have a lot going on at work for the next two days. I will be in touch...take care,

Julie
At 1:15pm on June 29, 2008, Tanya Fleming said…
I understand some of the issues you are talking about. If you want to talk I am availiable at my home email address to TanyaTreas@aol.com.
At 1:05pm on June 29, 2008, Donna said…
Hi Heidi,

Yes, Mike has DMD. He is my "significant other." We share a home. Mike works from home and manages our household while I work in the community as a nurse. He uses BiPAP at night from about 8:30 or 9 PM to about 7 AM. During the day he uses an LTV 800 vent intermittently. Thankfully, Mike is free from cardiac complications with a normal echo this year! Our major problem over the past couple of years has been swallowing-- thus the risk of aspiration. He opted for a j-tube which is placed a bit lower in the GI track than a g-tube. It has worked out well and he can still eat and drink. Mike also received a service monkey from Helping Hand: Monkey Helpers for the Disabled last November. We are "proud parents" of an 8 lb capuchin monkey. We love to travel and have all sorts of adventures. Feel free to ask any questions.
At 12:09am on June 29, 2008, Donna said…
Hi

Having difficulty applying BiPAP or having difficulty tolerating BiPAP are not unusual. It sounds like Mitch may benefit from trying a different type of interface. Mike is 40 years and has been using BiPAP at night for a very long time. We would be happy to share our experiences.
At 4:01am on June 26, 2008, Julie Garcia said…
Heidi,

Join the California Group. It is a pretty good section and will help the California people to share resources and ways to help one another!

Take care,

Julie
At 3:18am on June 26, 2008, Julie Garcia said…
Hi Heidi,

When you get a chance shoot me an e-mail and we can talk, marcnjulz@aol.com I would love to get to know you and your family.

Have you seen the California group? It is a good group to join.

Take care,

Julie
At 2:17pm on June 25, 2008, Mitch said…
Thanks mom. I love you tooooooooooooooo xoxo :)
At 1:41pm on June 25, 2008, Julie Garcia said…
Hi!

I live near Sacramento State college.
At 11:13am on June 25, 2008, Debbie Fish said…
Good Morning Heidi,

I can only imagine how difficult it is to do all of Mitch's care on your own and just want you to know that even though it has been difficult for you you have done a wonderful job! Mitch is a wonderful young man and you have raised him well. I am going to pass your information on to a friend of mine who not only is taking care of her 25 year old son on her own but is very well versed on bipap and sip vents. I'll email her your email address if that is ok with you and I know she will be more than willing to talk to you on the phone if you'd like. Just let me know.

Take care Heidi and know you aren't alone.
At 3:14pm on June 24, 2008, Debbie Fish said…
Hi Heidi,

It's great to see both you and Mitch here. I hope all is going well and that you are getting the bipap issues straightened out. Carola has my phone number so if you ever need to talk give me a call.

Take care,
Debbie
At 2:32pm on June 24, 2008, Mitch said…
Hi Mom!
At 12:00pm on June 24, 2008, Julie Garcia said…
Heidi,

You can e-mail me at marcnjulz@aol.com

Thanks,

Julie

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service