Melinda Colby's Comments

Comment Wall (20 comments)

You need to be a member of PPMD Community to add comments!

Join PPMD Community

At 2:10am on May 21, 2010, Char Burke said…
Wow - Trevor is quite a writer. He should write some more....Char
At 2:09am on May 21, 2010, Char Burke said…
Mindy - hey are you guys going to the F.A.C.E.S. thing in Bellevue next week? Hope to see you all there - Paula and Janelle....Char p.s. loved the invites and the magnet for your event in fall. We'll be there!
At 12:07pm on March 4, 2010, Veronica E. said…
Hey, Melinda. Thanks so much for sharing your husband's poem -- it's so beautiful! I sent out an e-mail to a bunch of family and friends, and my MDA rep was one of the recipients. She loved the poem and would like to share it with MDA families. She wanted to make sure that was OK with you and your husband. Is that OK with you? If it's OK, can you give me your husband's full name so Dalia can properly attribute it to your hubby?
At 4:34pm on October 16, 2009, Karen said…
Hi
Congratulations!! I just saw your post.

We live in northwest WA and my son is 17. I am always looking for easy ways to make $$ for PPMD.

Karen
At 4:11pm on March 11, 2009, kimmy watters said…
hey mindy i am back have a awsome thank you for encouge in me every day. kimmy
At 3:50pm on January 18, 2009, kimmy said…
hey mindy is kimmy i wanted to tell you all you moms are the most amazing moms ever you rock the world and we will find a cure to duchine before we knkow it. have a fablous day. love you all kimmy
At 8:41am on November 5, 2008, Colin McKenzie said…
Again, testament that these kids are the most beautiful children in the whole wide world. As you comment, God has given you this son, he knows who are able to look after and love these children.

Good luck and as you are doing, live for today, and hope for the future. Housework is optional, but try and keep up as it is difficult to catch up wen you are behind.

Colin
At 11:39am on September 6, 2008, Char Burke said…
Mindy - Please join the WA families Group. Char
p.s. I will email you back on dates.
At 11:45pm on September 4, 2008, Char Burke said…
Hi Mindy,
We would love to get the boys together for a playdate. I have already committed to going to a surprise b-day party for a BMD guy who is turning 35 years old!
Could you throw out some other dates that you are up here in Seattle again soon?
Hugs to Jake!
Char
At 5:28pm on September 1, 2008, Melinda Colby said…
I am not positive, but I think the Lab at children's in Seattle did the test. I don't think that they sent it off to some other place. It took about 4 wks for us to get the results back. You can contact my genetic counselor at Childrens and I am sure she would answer all of your questions Her name is Jessie Conta 206-987-1296. Let me know what you find out!
At 8:52am on August 29, 2008, Stacey Andrews said…
Are you sure they ran the test at the hospital...we go to Childrens at Vanderbilt but the test had to be sent off to some other lab in some other state. I figured this lab would not do it - but maybe we could find a lab that would. ...???

My husband and I would like to know, our daughter is 6 as of July 3rd. I have talked with her about it already because I figure the more we talk now as she is young she will slowly process the knowledge as opposed to it being a shock once she get older. She told me the other day that maybe 12 would be a good time to find out!
At 2:51pm on August 28, 2008, Stacey Andrews said…
o.k. - I am so curious how you pulled off having your 15 month old daughter tested ? When we tried she was 2 or so , and they said no because she has to be 18! The doctor did it - but the lab wouldn't run the test.
At 11:09am on August 7, 2008, Tonya said…
Hi Melinda,

I went to the carrier group and saw that you had a response. I read about your daughter and I am so sorry you got the carrier news!!! Isabella is a carrier as well and by the way she can't stop talking about both of your little ones. Let's get together again soon :-).
At 5:40pm on July 28, 2008, Tonya said…
Great! see you tomorrow
At 7:54pm on June 18, 2008, Tonya said…
Hi Melinda,
Yes, I would love to meet up with both of you. I also have a daughter Isabella who will be 4 in October. Looks as if little Jacob is a red head like my Gavin and Isabella, how cute. I'm a stay at home mom, so I am available anytime, but weekdays are best. Let me know when you are available! Tonya :-)
At 6:30pm on June 6, 2008, Melinda Colby said…
Hi Char!
Well our weekends for June are pretty booked. However during the week, we are wide open. July weekends are pretty booked too. July 6th will work or possibly the 13th. Travelling to your place will not be a problem either!
At 2:21am on June 6, 2008, Char Burke said…
Melinda,
What's your schedule look like for 3rd or 4th weekend in June? What about July as well? Would you want to meet half way or we could come down there or vice versa....
Char
At 5:13pm on June 5, 2008, Melinda Colby said…
Hi Susana!

My son was diagnosed on April 17, 2008...Not too long ago. It took awhile for us to figure it out, even his pediatrician was shocked at the news...I just knew something was up, even when he was a baby...But I am thankful that we found out about him at such a young age!( Jacob will be four in july)...I am glad, however that I didn't find out at an even earlier age because otherwise I would have never had my daughter!...We had no idea I was a carrier, no one in the family has any history of it...How old were you when you found out about your diagnosis?
At 4:12pm on June 5, 2008, Susana Arroyo said…
Your Welcome!
How long ago was your son diagnosed with dmd?
At 12:37am on June 4, 2008, Char Burke said…
Hi Melinda,
We live in Seattle, WA I am wondering how old Jacob is and whether you'd be interested in meeting up. I would like my son to have a friend who has DMD.
Char Burke - mom of Will, age 5

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2021   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service