Workplace giving campaigns are convenient and effective ways to raise funds in support of ending Duchenne. And they are underway now!
Let your family, friends, coworkers, and everyone on your email list know that the annual United Way and CFC efforts are underway (look for the 'share' button at the bottom of this post), and that if their employers participate they can use this opportunity to help end Duchenne. Let them know what Duchenne means to you and your family, encourage them to give, and specify Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy as the recipient.
This opportunity comes around once per year, so take action now!
Here's how to do it....
- United Way – Many companies have an annual United Way fundraising effort each fall. Employees are encouraged to support the community by donating to general or particular causes. To help end Duchenne, all you have to do is designate your donation to PPMD. The United Way has two main charity models:
- Open - Many United Way districts allow the donor to specify any non-profit charity such as PPMD on the donation form. To designate your donation to PPMD, simply specify Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy, Hackensack NJ, 07601. EIN: 31-1405490 Tel: 201-944-9985. The EIN stands for Employer Identification Number and is the government ID number for PPMD.
- Closed / Restricted - Some United Way districts restrict what charities can be ear marked on the donation form. If PPMD is not already listed on the form, contact the United Way Administrator for your company and ask if they can route the donation to PPMD - provide the EIN number. If they cannot route the funds to PPMD, consider recommending a direct donation to PPMD or sign up for PPMD's STIR program.
More detailed information is available in our United Way guide (PDF).
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) - Every fall, CFC provides federal, military and postal personnel the opportunity to donate to their charity or charities of choice through their workplace. All non-profit charities are supported. To designate your donation to PPMD, simply specify Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy, Hackensack NJ, 07601. EIN: 31-1405490 Tel: 201-944-9985.
- Matching Gifts - Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. With matching gifts you can sometimes double or even triple your gift! To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, just use our Matching Gift Employer Search tool. If you have any questions about the process, please contact us!
I also wanted to remind you of PPMD's United Way Coordinator, Ruth Getler. Ruth can help parents, family, and friends by answering United Way related questions, helping parents communicate with their company's United Way campaign staff, sharing promotional signage and email templates, and help you liaison with local/regional United Way offices. After reading the United Way guide (PDF), Ruth can be reached by emailing UnitedWaySupport@ParentProjectMD.org.
Thank you for your generosity and for joining us in the fight to end Duchenne!
Director of Communications & Administration
Read more PPMD Staff Blogs