< Back to Resources
Accessibility & Recreation
- Virginia Office for Protection and Advocacy (VOPA)
1512 Willow Lawn, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23230
Department of Education
Early Intervention Services (Infant and toddler)
- Office of Mental Retardation Services
Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services
P.O. Box 1797
Richmond, VA 23218
Early Intervention Services (Ages 2 to 5)
PTI (Parent Training and Information Centers)
Health and Well Being
- Individual and Family Developmental Disabilities Support Waiver
This program provides support services to individuals over age 6 who have developmental disabilities. Eligibility is determined by a screening for Levels of Function. Medicaid Financial Eligibility is based on the individual, not the family's income. There is a statewide waiting list.
Information from the ARC of Virginia
Child Development Clinics
- Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction (EDCD) Waiver
The EDCD waiver provides services to help individuals live in their home or the community instead of a nursing home.
- Health Insurance Premium Program (HIPP)The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) administers two Medicaid programs that may reimburse part or a participant’s entire share of the employer sponsored group health insurance premiums. These programs are known as the Health Insurance Premium Program (HIPP) and HIPP for Kids. All applications are first evaluated for HIPP for Kids (HFK’s) and then HIPP, if applicants are not eligible for the HFK’s program. This insures that applicant’s circumstances are fully reviewed and every opportunity for eligibility is granted.
What Virginia-specific resources would you like to add or update? Comment below!