< Back to Resources
Accessibility & Recreation
Seeking your suggestions!
- Teresa Larson, Executive Director
Protection & Advocacy Project
400 East Broadway, Suite 616
Bismarck, ND 58501-4073
Department of Education
- Office of Special Education
North Dakota Department of Public Instruction
Robert Rutten, Director
600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept. 201
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505-0440
Early Intervention Services (Infant and toddler)
- Development Disabilities Unit
North Dakota Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Ave, Dept 325
Bismarck, ND 58504-5729
Early Intervention Services (Ages 3 to 5)
- Special Education Div., Dept. of Public Instruction
Nancy Skorheim, 619 Coordinator
600 E. Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58505-0440
PTI (Parent Training and Information Centers)
- ND Pathfinder Parent Training And Information Center
Arrowhead Shopping Center
1600 2nd Ave. SW, Suite 19
Minot, ND 58701-3459
Health & Well-Being
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
This program provides health insurance to eligible children under age 19 who do not have health insurance. Financial eligibility is based on family size and income.
- Children with Medically Fragile Needs (Medicaid Waiver)
This program provides children with a disability that meets Nursing Facility Level of Care criteria supports and services allowing them to remain at home and in the community. Financial eligibility is based on the child's income and assets. In addition to Medicaid health insurance, the program covers case management, home and vehicle modification for accessibility and medical equipment and supplies as appropriate. There is a limit of 15 slots and a waiting list for patients.
Children with Medically Fragile Needs information
North Dakota Medicaid information
- North Dakota's Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Waiver helps eligible individuals (including adults with disabilities) who would otherwise require nursing home services to remain in their homes or communities. It gives eligible people options, if their needs can be met in their homes.
County Social Services information
What North Dakota-specific resources would you like to add or update? Comment below!