< Back to Resources
Accessibility & Recreation
Seeking your suggestions!
- Equip for Equality, Inc.
Zena Naiditch, CEO/President
11 East Adams, Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60603
Department of Education
- Illinois State Board of Education
Department of Special Education
Christopher Koch, Ed.D., Director
100 N. First Street, N-243
Springfield, IL 62777-0001
Early Intervention Services (Infant and toddler)
- Department of Human Services
Division of Community Health and Prevention
Bureau of Early Intervention
Janet Gully, Chief
222 South College, 2nd Floor
Springfield, IL 62704
Early Intervention Services (Ages 3 to 5)
- Center for Educational Innovation and Reform
Early Childhood Division
Pam Reising-Rechner, Principal Consultant
100 North First Street, E-230
Springfield, IL 62777-0001
PTI (Parent Training and Information Centers)
- Family Resource Center on Disabilities
20 E. Jackson Blvd., Room 300
Chicago, IL 60604
Health & Well-Being
- Illinois All Kids Children's Health Insurance ProgramProvides health insurance to children under age 19. Eligibility based on family size and income. Some families pay monthly premiums based on income.
All Kids information
- Persons with Disabilities Home and Community Based Services Waiver
Program provides services to eligible adults with disabilities that meet Nursing Facility Level of Care criteria. Services provided to help individuals remain in their home or community include personal assistant, home health aide, nursing and homemaker care as well as specialized medical equipment and environmental (home) adaptations for accessibility.
Persons with Disabilities information and contacts
- Medically Fragile/Technology Dependent Children Waiver
Children who meet the state's disability criteria and require Nursing Facility or Hospital Level of care may receive services allowing them to remain at home or within the community. Services include environmental (home) modifications for accessibility, specialized equipment and supplies and respite services.
Medically Fragile/Technology Dependent Children information
Eligibility information and application
- Support Waiver for Children and Young Adults with Developmental Disabilities
Eligible children and young adults ages 3-21with developmental disabilities and meet Intermediate Care Facility for persons with Developmental Disability level of care are provided services allowing them to remain at home. Services include home and vehicle modifications for accessibility, adaptive equipment and behavioral intervention and support.
Support Waiver for Children and Young Adults with Developmental Disabilities information
What Illinois-specific resources would you like to add or update? Comment below!