Holly Cahoon

Female

West Jordan, UT

United States

Profile Information:

About me:
I live just out side of Salt Lake City Utah. I am married with 3 children and 1 stepdaughter. I work full time for an Equipment Leasing Company.
About my family:
I have been re married for almost a year now to the most wonderful caring man I know. Together we have three daughters, ages 6, 8 and 11 and 1 son, Tyler Padilla who is 16 with Duchenne. He loves anything to do with the weather. Tyler was the Utah's local MDA Ambassador for 2006, it was such a fun year helping to raise money and being on the local news here for the telethon.
My oldest daughter, Rylee helps me so much with Tyler, she's my little side nurse. My Biggest Hope and dreams are to find a cure for DMD, or help make the quality of life I do have with my son the best it can be. Tyler has a younger sister, and younger brother also with his father and step mom. We have a wonderful blended family that has so much love and support for Tyler, we are truly blessed.
Name(s) of child(ren)/individual(s) with Duchenne:
Tyler Reed Padilla
Age(s) of child(ren)/individual(s) with Duchenne:
13-18
City:
west jordan
State:
UT

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Ana

Hi, Holly. Thanks so much for your last reply. This is a very hard stage obviously!! I've been shocked and scared, and really freaked out when he does this. It's great to hear about other's experience w/the same thing. Makes me feel less alone.
    A couple more questions....
    Did you already have everything set up in your house by the time Tyler was to this point? The biggest problem we're having right now is that our bathrooms are not accessible to his chair. The medical supply company is supposed to be contacting me, but for some reason I still havent heard from them. I'm wondering what it's going to cost to get my house completely accessible for him in his chair. And, if there's any help in paying for it....

How is Tyler and your family? Hope all is well!!!
  • jennifer renshaw

The trial Andrew was to be a part of has been put on hold. Disappointing, but what can you do. We are hanging in there. Hope you are too.
  • jenn

hi holly, just checking in, about the prosensa trial. we are in columbus, our last appointment at the hospital is monday morning. wondering if you guys ended up in the trial, and if you are here now, austin wished to have met more boys here. hope all is going well