Going from ECI to school district

Started by Veronica E. Feb 11, 2011. 0 Replies

Loophole into Medicaid

Started by Ana. Last reply by Athen's Page Nov 10, 2010. 4 Replies

Physical Therapist Question

Started by Trisha Stringham. Last reply by Laurie Paschal Aug 3, 2010. 1 Reply

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Texas Families to add comments!

Comment by KarstensMom on March 28, 2009 at 1:12pm
Karsten and I went to the Stride & Ride at Minute Maid Park this morning. Just curious if any of you were there or did you go to the Woodlands location?
Comment by KarstensMom on March 28, 2009 at 1:10pm
Hi MommaToo. I don't know the answer to your question, but I think the Social Security office can help.
Comment by MommaToo on March 22, 2009 at 1:43pm
I have a rather retarded question for everyone in TX..actually a few. If your child has DMD, does he recieve state medicaid or assistance from the state at all? Is the state medicaid based on income? My husband and I do not qualify for disability benefits for our son because of our income. I was told that we should have no problem getting medicaid though to cover things insurance does not cover. I am kinda new to Texas (june 08) and dont even know where to start to find out about these things. I am finally in a position where I can start pursuing this whole heartedly should he have any chance at all to qualify.
Comment by Douglas Sanchez on March 13, 2009 at 7:37pm
I am a new member of the PPMD community as of yesterday. I know y'all do not know me, but I hope you will take a few moments and view my member page to read about the small blurb I added regarding World Community Grid. I have been participating in this grid computing project for years, but HIGHLY expanded interest with the recent diagnosis of DMD for my almost 6 year old son Eric.

The WCG is ~4 weeks away from activating the "Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Phase II" computation project. This is a project that is relevant to us all.

Take a look!
Comment by Ana on February 1, 2009 at 8:34pm
Hey, hope everyone is doing well!!! It looks like no one has been on here lately.... I wanted to let everyone know, we had a wonderful time at our Stride and Ride fundraiser!!! Look at my page, we have new pics!!! Hopefully some of you can make it next year.
Comment by KarstensMom on January 8, 2009 at 3:21pm
Hi all. Karsten and are new to the area. Well, I grew up here, but have lived in San Diego for the past 7 years. I tell you what, it is good to be back home and I am so happy to raise my son here. We are in Santa Fe, about 30 miles south of downtown Houston on the way to Galveston. I look forward to learning about other families here and maybe some with kids around my sons age???
Comment by Ana on January 3, 2009 at 4:20pm
Hello, Hope everyone had safe and happy holidays!!!
I wanted to let anyone whom does not already know: The MDA '09 Stride and Ride is coming up on January 31st. If anyone does not know about this yet, it's a fundraiser like any other walk, and it's a huge celebration at Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, Texas. If anyone wants to join or make their own team click on the following link!!

https://www.joinmda.org/MyStrideRide/MyTeamHomepage/tabid/40679/Default.aspx
Comment by MommaToo on December 9, 2008 at 10:48am
Hi all! We just moved to El Paso this past summer, and LOVE IT! Glad to see there is a Texas group!
Comment by Laurie Paschal on November 24, 2008 at 11:32am
You can never have too many left overs, right? We're heading to my husband's grandmothers for Thanksgiving. Then going up to Ft Worth on Friday to see Disney On Ice. Abigail won tickets when we were up in Dallas for Sam's Day. We may go to Six Flags for a bit after that. We have free passes from Give Kids the World. Then I get to come home and try to get Christmas lights up on my house. I didn't succeed last year, so I'm getting an early start this year. Please pray for my husband. He's the one who takes the brunt during decorating time. He has to be my assistant. Poor dude.
Comment by Veronica E. on November 22, 2008 at 9:35pm
We're doing well, Laurie! How are you guys?

I'm very excited about the holidays. Our almost four-year-old really gets Thanksgiving this year and keeps talking about the big "feast" we'll have. This will be my first year to cook a turkey and I'm a little scared. My mom is having our big Italian family over to her house in Houston and she's making a 25-pounder, but I'm making a turkey to split with my mom and sister just to ensure we have enough leftovers. Is that sad or what? ;)

Members (48)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service