Garrett is 8 1/2 years old and dependent on a medical transport chair to get around (lighter than a wheelchair and only $120 from Walgreens). Around the house he uses knee pads and crawls to wherever he wants to go. Just yesterday his physical medicine doctor wrote a prescription for a scooter and he got excited about that (us too). He would love to make friends with another boy close to his age who also struggles with weak muscles so if your son would like to meet Garrett then lets get together. We live in The Woodlands near Houston. Thanks - Ronnie

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ronnie,
I believe that the Paschals live not to far from you. the mom is Laurie and a good friend of ours. she is on this site and her son is Sam and he is 7. they recently got a scooter and she will be a wealth of information about the scooter. Also I belive that Texas families are having an upcoming picnic near your area. I will send Laurie an email to let her know to contact you.
Good luck
Jenny
Hi Ronnie,
I think we may have been in contact before about Texas F.A.C.E.S. My son, Sam, will be 7 at the end of this month. We live up in Montgomery. We just got Sam a scooter earlier this year. Not sure where you've been referred to for it, but the MDA sent us to the Scooter Store. Our vendor was Stuart Strack. His number is 713-409-2035. He was able to get us a custom pediatric seat made for Sam's scooter and it's been wonderful.

What grade is Garrett in? Where y'all able to attend the FACES meeting earlier this month? We were out of town, so had to miss out. I'd love to be able to get our boys together. You can reach me through here, my email (abbyplustwins@gmail.com) or my cell (936-520-1560).

Laurie
Cool! Thanks for responding and I just left you a voice message. We had fun at the FACES gathering 2 weekends ago and I'm curious to know how much a scooter cost. Perhaps our boys can meet sometime soon. Thanks - Ronnie @ 281-615-8000

Laurie Paschal said:
Hi Ronnie,
I think we may have been in contact before about Texas F.A.C.E.S. My son, Sam, will be 7 at the end of this month. We live up in Montgomery. We just got Sam a scooter earlier this year. Not sure where you've been referred to for it, but the MDA sent us to the Scooter Store. Our vendor was Stuart Strack. His number is 713-409-2035. He was able to get us a custom pediatric seat made for Sam's scooter and it's been wonderful.

What grade is Garrett in? Where y'all able to attend the FACES meeting earlier this month? We were out of town, so had to miss out. I'd love to be able to get our boys together. You can reach me through here, my email (abbyplustwins@gmail.com) or my cell (936-520-1560).

Laurie

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service