I have found a loophole into Medicaid recently.  I dont know if everyone else already know's about this or not... but,, as an FYI to anyone who needs it.

There are multiple "lists" everyone needs to sign up for... Some of these have 3-10 yr waiting lists!!

"Medically Dependent Childrens Program" (MDCP) This is for children (like our boys) who consistently have to have help with bathing, restroom, dressing, getting meals, etc....  The waiting list on this program is about 3yrs. 

Thats when you sign up for $ Follows the Person.  This is a program that has you stay one overnite visit at a nursing home (we did this last nite), once you've done the stay, you're automatically on Medicaid.  Respite care (this is a 'break' for parents) starts the day after the stay.  I'm sure like myself all of you think you dont need respite care, this is required and can be done by a friend or family member and they will get paid.

"Disabled American Disability Services" (DADS) This is a list I do not know much about but, kicks in as adults.  There is also CLASS which I also dont know much about except it kicks in as an adult and has a long wait. 

Anyone who is having problems getting Medicaid or having issues paying for Dr/hospital bills (all of us) should definitely look into this!  You should be able to find it online.,

Good luck

Views: 248

Replies to This Discussion

Ana,

Hello, my name is Renea from Denton area Texas! I know this post on Medicaid is old but I have just read it and thought it very helpful. We are on Medicaid and I was just wondering how helpful the insurance actually is as far as meds and supplements are concerned? My 4 year old Athen has very recently been diagnosed.
Hi Renea, Welcome to PPMD.
We have insurance through my job, and I was still paying way too much out of pocket for meds, DME (durable Medical equipment), etc... The way it's been working for me is that whatever my insurance does not cover, Medicaid does. This has definitely saved me alot of $$.. Austin recently got an oxygen machine, Pulse Oximeter, and a ceiling lift, all of which Medicaid paid for. Due to my income, and insurance, Austin could not get Medicaid the "normal" way, so, this was my (and I'm sure others') way around that.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. There are a couple other families I try to stay in touch with, some with younger boys. I work in Denton, and live just south of there. I wish you the best, and if you ever want to get in touch with others, if your not already, let me know.

Ana said:
Hi Renea, Welcome to PPMD.
We have insurance through my job, and I was still paying way too much out of pocket for meds, DME (durable Medical equipment), etc... The way it's been working for me is that whatever my insurance does not cover, Medicaid does. This has definitely saved me alot of $$.. Austin recently got an oxygen machine, Pulse Oximeter, and a ceiling lift, all of which Medicaid paid for. Due to my income, and insurance, Austin could not get Medicaid the "normal" way, so, this was my (and I'm sure others') way around that.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. There are a couple other families I try to stay in touch with, some with younger boys. I work in Denton, and live just south of there. I wish you the best, and if you ever want to get in touch with others, if your not already, let me know.
Well, thank God for Medicaid!!!! Sounds like life is going to be VERY interesting!!! Thank you for your wisdom and experience on the topic. Have a blessed day.

Renea

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service