Tactile Sensitivities

Information

Tactile Sensitivities

A group for all the families that have children with tactile sensitivities, to share experiences and tips on how to deal with the additional issues this raises

Members: 41
Latest Activity: May 4, 2015

checklist (Extensive checklist of all symptoms associated with SID/SPD, in a printable format. Great to sit down and go through then take to your next neuro appointment if you have any concerns)

Presentation on Behavioural Issues with boys with DMD:
PPMD2007Poysky.pdf?docID=2227

Discussions

Our life with SID/SPD

Started by Julie Gilmore. Last reply by Denise Gionet Sep 20, 2010. 7 Replies

Yikes - A Sleep Study?!?!

Started by Karen Barnett. Last reply by Susan Nantais May 1, 2009. 2 Replies

Explaining the condition

Started by Julie Gilmore. Last reply by Cathie Bullis Apr 3, 2009. 1 Reply

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Tactile Sensitivities to add comments!

Comment by Amanda Trosper on February 13, 2009 at 10:24am
My son even goes nuts if he hears sirens they drive him nuts and he flaps his arms. He even has to wear socks up to his knees it drives me insane. I'm like you don't have to wear socks like that. Anymore I'm getting to the point that I don't care as long as he's happy.
Comment by Amanda Trosper on February 11, 2009 at 9:29pm
My son who has DMD also has Autism. He goes and hit's kid's all the time punches them in the face and knocking things over throwing his food and drink to. He hates it when little kid's cry or are upset it drives him nuts. He has to take medicine for ADHD to. He hates getting his face washed he hates it when water get's in his face when taking a bath it drives him nuts and he screams and cries the whole time. My son does ABA therapy and it helps out tremendous.
Comment by tracie on February 8, 2009 at 8:33pm
Christopher has gotten better as he has gotten older, but boy, do I remember the fights over socks and clothes! He hates going out into crowds because of all the noise and much prefers nature over theme parks and malls. He has learned to deal with some of the sensory issues now and tries to make himself focus on something else until he forgets about the bump in the sock or whatever it is. I sure wish I had known about this connection when he was younger!
Comment by Johanna on February 8, 2009 at 7:34pm
Hi all
I have finally decided to join.... my son Archie is currently under assessment for brain hyperactivity, impulsiveness disorder and anxiety. I have read the posts within this group with interest, Archie hates holding waxy paper, reacts overtly to banging himself, panics when having his hair washed and complains about his shoes, so thanks to this group it is something I will bring up at his next assessment appointment. I thought it was just him
Jo x
Comment by Char Burke on February 8, 2009 at 5:11pm
Oh boy - do you every pause before you turn on the vaccuum cleaner or the garbage disposal? Loud noises and tags in underwear, certain types of clothing, water in face when washing hair, all bug our little guy!!!! Great idea to start this one...Char Burke
Comment by Eileen DeLong on February 4, 2009 at 12:11pm
Thank you so much for starting this group. My boys are so sensitive to everything but I really never knew why. I just started researching this connection and have found quite a few references to our boys being prone to this. It all makes so much sense now. Now I know why Calvin is always saying ouch for the littliest things. Both of them have a lot of rules for their clothes, shoes, blankets, foods, really everything. Everything is too tight too loose etc. It drives us crazy but at least we know why now.
Comment by Kari on February 4, 2009 at 10:27am
Great, Julie. Thank you.

Members (41)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service