Information

Ohio Families

Members: 26
Latest Activity: Nov 17, 2018

Discussions

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Ohio Families to add comments!

Comment by Tanya Fleming on July 10, 2009 at 4:58pm
How are the MDA clinics in Ohio?
Comment by Holly Flavin on June 18, 2009 at 12:35pm
Janine - if you want to be there for the closing festivities, it is 3:30pm. Otherwise, it is 4:30pm.
Comment by Janine on June 18, 2009 at 12:34pm
Nicole,

Has your local camp happened this year yet? The one here in central Ohio always has a VIP day. If your camp has one you could take him up to visit that day. Maybe that would interest him in camp.
Comment by Janine on June 18, 2009 at 12:30pm
What time is pick up at Recreation Unlimited tomorrow? I lost the sheet.
Comment by Carolyn Greathouse on June 18, 2009 at 12:24pm
My son has been going to MDA since he was 7 he is now 13 and always looks forward to MDA Camp the Dayton Camp is not until the last week in June, but he will be home by the 4th of July. I do miss him but he come out of camp with a renewed sense of hope and independence which I want him to have as much of. His favorite things are fishing, swimming and the Dance. If you want to convince an older child to go, I would suggest finding out if you can have them meet some of the counselers from prior camps. Sometimes having a fellow person near your age can help.
Comment by Holly Flavin on June 18, 2009 at 8:45am
Jason is 12 and this is his second year at camp. He was very excited to go this year. It has been lonely around the house this week without him. I will be very happy to pick him up tomorrow. I was concerned last year because he had never really been away from home much at all, but after he tried it the first year he was hooked!
Comment by Nicole on June 18, 2009 at 12:44am
I tried to get my son Greg to go, he's 15 and pretty much lives on his WII and does not like to leave the house. I keep trying to tell him that they will take great care of him but he's not having it. He has a fear that someone is going to hurt him if he does not know them. So I think again im going to have to take the next year and try to talk him into trying it.
Comment by Jennifer Chalfan on June 16, 2009 at 7:06pm
I cant believe how hard it was to leave Cody at camp!!! Our house is so quiet with out Cody home. We miss him so much! We havent heard anything so I assume all is well! I hope he is having a good time. I know what you mean about the soccer camp or boy scout camp though!
Comment by Janine on June 15, 2009 at 10:59pm
Well I dropped him off at camp yesterday. How are all of you guys doing without your boys (if they are at camp)? I know he really enjoys it but I just kept wishing I was dropping him off for a week of soccer or boy scout camp instead.
Comment by Jennifer Chalfan on June 6, 2009 at 8:40am
i am a little bothered about the fact that they are remembering the 3 campers from 2008 that have died. is this something they do every year at mda camp? i have not told my son about that possibilty or that he will probably lose the ability to walk yet. he is only 9 years old. i am not sure about this!!

Members (26)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service