Any Families Near Springfield MA?

Started by Christine Piacentino Aug 6, 2010. 0 Replies

Fund-Raiser in the Seacoast Area

Started by Linda Currier. Last reply by Joanne Haswell Oct 3, 2009. 3 Replies

Boston Area Families interest in a "play group."

Started by Anne Hancock. Last reply by Anne Hancock May 22, 2009. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of NEW ENGLAND FAMILIES to add comments!

Comment by Kathy on January 12, 2009 at 10:20am
Hi all! I went to a MD support group hosted by MDA at Northeast Rehab (70 Butler St., Salem, NH) last week. It's new. They had an MDA rep., a PT, and a Pediatrician attending. Here's a list of upcoming dates/times. They are on Thursdays:
2/12/09 - 6-7:30pm
3/12/09 - 6-7:30pm
4/9/09 - 11-12:30pm
5/14/09 - 6-7:30pm
6/11/09 - 6-7:30pm
7/9/09 - no group
8/13/09 - 6-7:30pm
Comment by Joanne Keeley on January 5, 2009 at 4:21pm
Hi Kathy,
My son Wyatt was diagnosed at 3 yrs. We saw the difference in development in his younger brother (by 20 months) and decided that it was time to see a doctor. I was also pregnant with my daughter at the time.
They are now 11,9 and 7 yrs old.
How did you get such an early diagnosis- I hadn't a clue until Dylan started developing so differently- I knew there was a weakness in Wyatt, but never guessed that it would be so serious. Bloodwork and family research say that I am not a carrier.
You are in Massachusetts- are you seeing Dr. Tseng?
As Rafael said, we're all here...
Hoping for a very happy new year!
Joanne
Comment by Rafael on January 5, 2009 at 1:48pm
Hi Kathy, unfortunately welcome to our family. If you need anyone to talk to we're all here.
Comment by Kathy on January 5, 2009 at 12:44pm
Hi everyone! I'm Kathy, from Haverhill, MA. My little one Keelan is 15 mos. with DMD. I also have a nearly 4 year old girl named Ella.
Comment by Joanne Wechlser on October 28, 2008 at 7:22pm
It sounds like a fun event. I'll just be getting back from Philadelphia with Adam, so we wont make it. Not too mention hockey season starts on Saturday for my other guy. hope the event is worthwhile and good fun. Wish we were closer..
Comment by cindy q on October 28, 2008 at 11:26am
Just a note-I noticed the invite says 8:30 to noonish. Mass General, Wang bldg lower level cafe. Hope to see you all there!
Cindy
Comment by Joanne Keeley on October 28, 2008 at 11:10am
Rafael, There was a mailing done by Dr. Tseng. I will get you an invitation-- is your e-mail on your page? This roundtable is a MUST especially since I know that you are trying to choose where you bring your son. You will meet Dr. Brian Tseng and hear what his clinic is all about- you can make an informed decision about which clinic you go to...(Boston is 2 hrs from me and I'm not sure where you are in CT, but it will be worth it). 9 a.m. on Saturday! I hope to see you there!
JoanneK
Comment by Rafael on October 28, 2008 at 8:10am
Is this Round Table by invitation only?
Comment by Michelle on October 27, 2008 at 12:55pm
We'll be there too.
Comment by Lisa Marandino on October 26, 2008 at 7:56pm
Yes, I will be there also. I'm sure it will be interesting also.

Members (41)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service