Any Families Near Springfield MA?

Started by Christine Piacentino Aug 6, 2010. 0 Replies

Fund-Raiser in the Seacoast Area

Started by Linda Currier. Last reply by Joanne Haswell Oct 3, 2009. 3 Replies

Boston Area Families interest in a "play group."

Started by Anne Hancock. Last reply by Anne Hancock May 22, 2009. 2 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of NEW ENGLAND FAMILIES to add comments!

Comment by Tonya on November 24, 2009 at 7:52pm
Hi,

We live in southern NH and my son was just diagnosed. We're trying to figure out where the best MD doc is....do any of you have opinions about Boston Children's vs. Mass General?

Thanks so much!

Tonya
Comment by Rafael on April 21, 2009 at 11:33am
Did anyone else catch this bit of news? if so I am sorry I am late;
Laminin-111
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/health/health_abc_muscular_dystrophy_potential_drug_found_200904201628_rev1
Comment by Joanne Wechlser on March 8, 2009 at 6:23am
I was talking about drug therapy for me. Since I started I'm much less anxious and it affects my kids. Its been much easier dealing with the tough times and the dark days. Also we are planning a vacation, which they are really looking forward too. It will mark Adam's 6 month period in the trial. Your wish came true; the longer days start today!
Best, Joanne
Comment by Joanne Keeley on March 7, 2009 at 11:21am
I do suffer with SAD and count the days until there is more light!!! This is something that runs in my families. This winter has been particularly difficult because of changes I see in Wyatt physically and yes, he has become more anxious... I too have been hesitant about drug therapy for this, but he does not want to sleep in his own room anymore- disturbing for everyone's sleep in the household.
I hate to wish away precious time, but I admit Spring will be welcome!
I know how busy you guys have been!
Thanks for your support Joanne--
Comment by Joanne Wechlser on March 7, 2009 at 6:46am
Hi Joanne,
Winter is hard for us too. Because of the trial we've been traveling alot. Still I see good days and bad days. It's suppose to be sunny and close to 50 today hooray!! I'd be happy to talk with you about other therapies I've been doing for stress and anxiety. I've been anti-drugs for a long time, but they do have their place and we are all in unique and undeniably very stressful situations with our kiddos. Write me if you want to talk more about it. On top of the regular depression, seasonal affect is a bummer. xo Joanne
Comment by Kathy on March 5, 2009 at 2:47pm
If it's any consolation, I'm a landscaper and I report back to work for Spring in 2 weeks. The Red Sox are in Spring Training down in FL. We are already talking about mulch and grub control! It's ALMOST here! Hang in there...it's been a long horrible winter and it's almost over! :) Soon...I'll be complaining about the heat!
Comment by Joanne Keeley on March 5, 2009 at 2:39pm
Wyatt is 11 1/2 and I now worry constantly about everything.
Anything that could throw off his balance makes me a wreck.
Maybe winter being over will help- feeling very depressed myself!
Comment by Rafael on March 5, 2009 at 9:05am
Hello, How is everyone doing? How is everyone dealing with the snow. I get worried that Ellijah will fall and hurt himself, so i tend to baby him a tad more it seems. I am having an "off day" today. I gotta find something to keep my mind busy or ima sink.
Comment by Jacobs Mommom on February 5, 2009 at 10:30am
I hope you don't mind me joining your group to post this message but I thought you might want to see this about the new Speaker of the House, Chris Donovan. It also makes me wonder what James A. Amann makes as a fundraiser for the state's Muscular Dystrophy Association since they say the $120,000.00 would have been on top of that salary. Sounds like something is not right with either of these guys.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:10 AM EST

If you can’t pay your Democratic crony $120,000 a year while he runs for governor, why not hire a press secretary for $165,000?

Chris Donovan, the new speaker of the state House of Representatives, seems to have learned nothing from the uproar over his offering the outgoing speaker, James A. Amann, a high-paying job as a senior adviser. The job effectively would have been a subsidy for Amann’s campaign for governor. Amann’s $120,000 job with Donovan would have been on top of his job as a fundraiser for the state’s Muscular Dystrophy Association.

With the state facing a deficit of as much as $8.6 billion over the next two years, Donovan is ready to spend even more.

Clueless about the public outrage provoked by the job, Amann first claimed it posed no conflict with his gubernatorial run before turning it down. It was not a good start for a campaign for governor in which he supposedly has the taxpayers’ interests at heart.

In accepting Amann’s rejection of the job, Donovan said, "I recognize the public’s concerns ... I have heard their voices and understand the reasons behind those concerns."

Donovan has a bizarre way of showing that understanding. He has hired a press secretary at a salary of $165,000, which is $15,000 more than the pay of Gov. M. Jodi Rell. You hire a highly paid public relations man to spin extravagant spending into claimed savings for taxpayers. And that is how this high-paying job is being spun.

If Donovan and the other Democratic lawmakers were serious about saving money, the speaker would fire his overpaid flack and take the pay cut that the legislature’s Democrats just rejected as unnecessary.

Comments
The following are comments from the readers. In no way do they represent the view of nhregister.com.

maggie mae wrote on Feb 4, 2009 10:47 AM:

" What a slap in the face the citizens of CT just got from this moron. Where is Jodi Rell in all of this? Can't she put a stop to this????????? This is just plain crazy. Chris Donovan should be pushed out of office. He does not have the best interets of the citizens in mind. Is everyone just going to sit back and take this?? It's about time we got busy and voiced our opinions loud and make changes that are needed and not just talked about. "

Report Abuse

cbosco wrote on Feb 4, 2009 12:00 PM:

" Donovan lacks judgement and is fiscally irresopnsible. I guess that does make him a moron. The job salary is $165K plus 35-40% for benefits or a whopping $220,750. All that money for a mouth piece. Can't Donovan speak for himself? Oh no, I forgot, he is a moron. The mouth piece makes more than the Gov. How many does he have or plan to hire for his staff? Gov. Rell requested a hiring freeze last summer, but Donovan did not hear about it - will his next job hire be a reading consultant? does he know how to Read?
Citizens of CT. Stand up and FIGHT - Demand his resignation and let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. "

Report Abuse

Diogenese wrote on Feb 4, 2009 12:25 PM:

" Aw c'mon, Donovan's just doing his part to stimulate the economy. He's from the government and he's here to help. "

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/02/04/opinion/doc49890517038d6497729554.txt
Comment by Rafael on January 12, 2009 at 2:01pm
We are planning on attendeding the meeting in Feb or March, schedule permitting. My wife received the email a few weeks ago. We'll see what happens

Members (41)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service