Our son will start kindergarten this fall.  Does anyone have thoughts about schools/districts that are inclusive and those that are not?  (I mean attitude and willingness to work with families rather than legal obligations.)

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Where do you live?

That would help, wouldn't it? Sorry...We are in St Louis City at the moment and will probably have to move to the county in the near future. 

Hi Claire, I've been meaning to respond all week since I first saw this post, but got busy and kept forgetting. Then I discovered last night that your son Henry goes to Wilkinson where my son Miles is in 2nd. grade. What a coincidence! Liam's is our 2 year old son with Duchenne and we will be in the same boat with changing school districts soon. We have absolutely loved all 4 years at Wilkinson and I want Liam to go there for pre-school and possibly kindergarten but I know by 1st. grade all those steps and no elevator just won't work. We are taking a look at these districts: Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Lindbergh and maybe Brentwood. I've heard from a therapist friend of mine that Webster would be a nice place for special needs kids. I plan on touring the schools in the upcoming year or so to see which actually looks best. I'll let you know if I find any other info on schools. I will have to look for you at school sometime. : )

Lindbergh schools have been wonderful with my son Joey.  He has DMD and Autism.  Long Elementary was an extremely accepting and flexible school, and he is at Truman Middle right now.

I'm so glad to hear that, we just moved to Crestwood from the city and Long is our school. Liam is almost 3 so we have a couple of years yet. He has an intake with Lindbergh pre-school program next week. Our son without Duchenne just  started 3rd. grade at Long and we like it so far.

Karin Kattich said:

Lindbergh schools have been wonderful with my son Joey.  He has DMD and Autism.  Long Elementary was an extremely accepting and flexible school, and he is at Truman Middle right now.

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service