Information

Bereaved Parents

For those who have lost a child.

Members: 18
Latest Activity: May 3

Discussions

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Bereaved Parents to add comments!

Comment by Mary Sahagun on December 10, 2008 at 4:20pm
Thinking of you today as you remember your beautiful Chris. I hope your day is filled with nothing but wonderful memories. God Bless and comfort you.

Love, Mary
Comment by Tanya Fleming on December 10, 2008 at 9:24am
Thank you Kim My email is TanyaTreas@aol.com I would love to hear from you.

What problems are you having if you don't mind me asking?
Comment by Kimberly Foernsler on December 10, 2008 at 9:16am
Tanya:

Sending a big hug your way!!
Chris will always be your strength. Kory is mine and he will always be my strength. I'm having some health issues of my own these days and sometimes I don't think I can go on anymore. I think of how strong Kory was to endure what he did. These boys are amazing. Kory never complained he always worried about how I was doing!!
There is no wrong way to act on this 1 year anniversary date. Cry if you want to and don't if you don't need to. My worst day was 1 day before Kory died because that was the day that my world shattered. I felt relief when Kory was finally in Heaven the next morning. So this year when the day before came I remembered what it was like last year and it tore me up all over again. I felt the anger but I show my anger through my tears. That's just me. You do what ever you need to do and be just who you are!! Try to spend the day remembering how wonderful Chris was in your life and the special memories. Don't dwell on his last day but try to dwell on the wonderful memories. I know it's easier said than done.
I'm keeping you in my prayers today and if you need to talk please feel free to email me. I'll be glad to give you my numbers or I can call you!!

Love,
Kim
Comment by Tanya Fleming on December 10, 2008 at 8:02am
My son died one year ago today. So today will be rough on us. I really don't know what else to say, other than we all share a very unfair common thread it seems. I feel blessed that he lived 10 years longer than any Dr. could think possible for him. He just loved life and each day he was more concerned about others than himself. He was a very Christ like man. He was only 23, but had the mind unlike any 23 year old I have ever know. He was and still is my strength. I LOVE YOU CHRIS.
Comment by Kimberly Foernsler on November 12, 2008 at 10:06am
So true!!! No medicine to take everyday, no machines!!!

My brother is a musician. Him and his friend wrote a song called "Superman". My daughters boyfriend passed away last week and they played it at his funeral because it was one of his favorites that my brother's band sings. The friend that wrote it with my brother lost his wife in a car accident and they wrote this song. It's not really a funeral type song as they are a rock band. They re-recorded just for my daughters boyfriend to make it okay for the funeral. Not that it's a bad song but a little rocky for a funeral,if you know what I mean. I would love to share it but if you'd rather not I won't. Just let me know.

Kim
Comment by Mary Sahagun on November 11, 2008 at 11:36pm
That's right.... no vents in heaven. Their chains are gone, they've been set free.
Comment by Gisel Rivero on November 11, 2008 at 10:19pm
I could honestly say the same about how Dylan passed away. He was having a great day no problems at all, the only difference that day was that I held him in my arms. I hadn't held him for two days because he was a bit more sleepier than ususal and he wasn't really enjoying bath time as much anymore and everytime we held him it was this big production with the chest tubes and the vent. He was great that day he had been great since June 2 , that was the day we signed the dnr forms because we knew he was going to go and we just wanted him left alone already. In his very short life Dylan was our SUPERMAN he went through 3 MRI's each about 2 hours long. He went into distress quite a few times and of course surgery for the nerve, skin, and muscle biopsy. After all that we just wanted him to go in peace and he did GOD gave us that my husband and I were both there that Sunday afternoon and the minute I held him he started to go the vent was ventting him but he just needed to go back to god. So yes GOD knows why. I know one day I, we will all see our babies once again
Like my husband tell me there's no vent's in heaven
Comment by Kimberly Foernsler on November 11, 2008 at 6:28pm
Same goes for me. I have to have something to believe in. I believe that there is a reason for everything. I think about all the little things that surrounded Kory's death and I know that it was part of God's big plan. The probe to the oxygen level machine broke the week before he passed away. His oxygen had alway ran a little low but not like it did the day he went to the hospital. A new probe had been ordered one week before Kory died. He was scheduled for surgery the day before he died or we would have been at home. The surgery never happened because of the oxygen levels being so low when we got to the hospital. For some reason unknown to me, God didn't want me to have to endure the pain of finding Kory in his bed or dealing with him being in a coma and calling a ambulance. Someone on here asked me if I ever found out the reason why Kory went in to repiratory failure. I tell them no. At this point, I strongly feel there's no need for me to know. One of these days all of my questions will be answered and I'll get the honor of meeting my sweet Kory again!!
Comment by Mary Sahagun on November 11, 2008 at 4:13pm
I can say for me, it's only by the pure grace of God that I get through the days. I don't know how anyone could go through this with out God. When those thoughts of why? come creeping around I just start to pray. Then once again, I'm reminded that even if there was an answer to the question why? it wouldn't change it. My help comes from the Lord, couldn't do it with out him.
Comment by Amanda Trosper on November 10, 2008 at 11:39pm
When ever in grief or pain or suffering always turn to God He's the only one we can turn to. I am still pretty angry about my son to but I know it is out of my control and I just know that he was sent here for a purpose I know that with all my heart. I don't really know what it's like to loose a child either but I do know that I'm angry to know that my son is gonna die and it's out of my control and it's just not fair. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you guys figure it all out. It's good to grieve though that's just part of the healing progress just take one day at a time and hopefully that helps

Members (18)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service