I understand they are having great results with this medication. But I hear it will only help a small percent of people suffering from Duchennes, I guess those affected with the stop codon. Does anybody know if they are working on a medication that will help people affected with a frameshift mutation?

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin...YES! PTC124 addresses the 15% of boys with Premature Stop Codons, and so PPMD is committed to moving forward with research and cures for the other 85% of mutations. Project Catalyst is the initiative...http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/PageServer?pagename=advancing_r...

read on...your friend, Brad


Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.



© 2023   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service