Information

Florida Families

Families from Florida that are affected by DMD/BMD

Members: 41
Latest Activity: Dec 12, 2017

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Florida Families to add comments!

Comment by Michelle Meunier on July 24, 2009 at 7:19am
There is always something they can do . My sons meds have made a real difference in him . He is doing things he could never do like hop with both feet . You may want to give the MDA more thought . Good luck and if you need more info please let me know.
Comment by Windy Jackerson on July 23, 2009 at 6:49pm
I haven't take my son to mda yet. He is a little over two. Not much they can do for him. There is a mda clinic in Orlando but I do not care for the doctor at the clinic. Thanks for the info, it maybe worth the drive!
Comment by Michelle Meunier on July 23, 2009 at 6:28pm
Dr. Fernandez is at St. Pete at MDA and his office is in Tampa . May be far for you .
Comment by Windy Jackerson on July 23, 2009 at 5:55pm
Where is Dr. Fernandez? We live outside of Orlando.
Comment by Michelle Meunier on July 23, 2009 at 1:05pm
My son goes to Dr. Fernandez but he is part of MDA . He is very well known in and out of Florida . We see him at MDA and at his office . We like him alot , he is very up front and is great with Joey . If you want his office number or any info please let me know .
Comment by Nicole Chiaramonte on July 21, 2009 at 12:45pm
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know what doctors you take your boys to in Florida. I am in Hernando County, Fl about 1 hour from Tampa. I would like to find a doctor that kind of knows about DMD besides the MDA. I'm willing to drive anywhere pretty much in Florida. I know that Dr.Wong is really good and a lot of parents go up there. But i can't do that right now. Thank You in advance.
Comment by pbgossett on March 30, 2009 at 9:25pm
Sorry it took me so long to answer its been awhile since I have been on the website. My son is 12yrs old and we live in Ocala Fl.
Comment by Danielle L Shoupe on February 28, 2009 at 2:42pm
sportsability, an outdooor event for people with special needs and their family and freinds, is coming on the weekend of April 18th. My son totally loves this event and I was wondering if anyone on this group wants to attend.
Comment by Lorri Sizenbach on February 28, 2009 at 11:02am
Hi, My name is Lorri. I just joined this group. My son just turned 5. We found out that he had DMD a couple months before he turned 2 years old.
Comment by Nicole Chiaramonte on February 25, 2009 at 1:25pm
What neurololist do u take your sons to decides the MDA. I would like to find a doctor outside the MDA that know a little about the DMD. The one that I take my son to now does not have any kids that have DMD or knows that much about it.

Members (41)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service