Need immediate help please! We are in Disney and realized we didn't bring Deflazacort - can we borrow/buy from any of you??

Hi Florida Families,

We have a little boy Diego, who is 5 with DMD and he takes Deflazacort (Calcort) - 12 mg daily. We just arrived to Disney in Orlando,Florida and we just realized that we left his medicine at home!!!!!!  I understand he cannot be without Deflazacort more than 24 hours and Diego does not have medicine for tomorrow.  We are willing to drive and go anywhere to get the medicine but need to know ASAP please if we have any options that do not represent a drastic change in plans for the whole familiy and extended family that is with us.  !! Sorry to bother you wiht this!

Thanks and God bless you!

Here is my email and phone number:  guzman.l@pg.com  or (513) 765-9416

Leslie 

Views: 113

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to help but Christian does not take any of the steroids including deflacort :( sorry
Sorry. Henry doesn't take deflazacort.
hi leslie, what about calling dr wong to have her call a script into a local pharmacy?
it would have to be prednasone, but i understand that would work as a substitute, or do you have a neightbor that could overnight it?

jenn said:
hi leslie, what about calling dr wong to have her call a script into a local pharmacy?
Thanks to all who replied. The problem is that today it is Sunday and overnight shipment doesn't work from today to tomorrow with reliability. Already contacted Dr. Wong and not sure if Predinisone could help as a replacement during the trip. Haven't hear from her. Uf!!

Thx!

Leslie
Leslie,

We have moved to Charlotte. What you can do is go to a urgent care or ER and the doctors could contact your physician at home to verify Diego's medical history and he should be able to write a Rx for prednizone to hold him over until you get back home. Our son had run out of Deflazacort once and we gave him approx. the equivalent in prednizone until his shipment arrived( approx. 2 wks). We had no problems. My husband is a physician and said he can't miss a dose, not good for his adrenal glands.

You can also have a someone from home overnight his meds. from home for the rest of your trip.

You can also call the local MDA office to see if they have a ER number to get help from their clinic neurologist.

If it where me personally, I would take my son to the ER.

I hope this helps. Wish we still lived nearby to help you out.

Sue
Hi all,

You are just great and wonderful! Dr. Wong was great! and she sent us a prescription for Prednisone. Also, we found a Dad that is coming to Orlando and will bring us Deflazacort.

Thanks again to all!!

Leslie
good to hear all is ok, i have had nightmares about forgetting meds...we have steroids, heart and bone meds as well! so scary

Leslie Guzman said:
Hi all,

You are just great and wonderful! Dr. Wong was great! and she sent us a prescription for Prednisone. Also, we found a Dad that is coming to Orlando and will bring us Deflazacort.

Thanks again to all!!

Leslie
Leslie:

Just read your email, glad to hear someone came to the rescue, our younger son James is on deflazacort also. We live two hours from Disney and we would certainly have assisted you.

God bless you and have a great visit.

Guillermo, Milagros, Peter and James

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service