Information

Duchenne Smiles

A Duchenne smile is a True smile, cannot be faked and exemplifies true enjoyment.

Members: 115
Latest Activity: Feb 27, 2014

A Duchenne Smile, A true smile

Since finding out about Jake and Colin having DMD, I have not had a lot of joy come from the word Duchenne. It’s was not a word I was aware of before the boys’ diagnosis, and if given the choice I’d rather not know its meaning. Learning the word along with the new adventure coming with it has made it a word that I don’t like to say. Well today while searching the word on google, I found a meaning that I like A LOT better. A Duchenne smile. A Duchenne smile is a True smile, cannot be faked and exemplifies true enjoyment. I thought how ironic, our boys at times may find it hard to smile, but when they truly do, it carries the same name as what can make for hard days. So I decided to make this group, where we can share stories and photos of our boys and they’re Duchenne smiles  I encourage you to do so. I’d rather associate the word Duchenne with a smile..how bout you?
The main photo is of my son Jake at his make a wish trip. He asked to meet the coast guard, and that “Duchenne smile” pretty much sums up what a great experience it was.
Peace and Love…..Danielle Bath

P.S. here is a link to its description on wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile

Discussions

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Duchenne Smiles to add comments!

Comment by Trinh Nguyen on November 13, 2013 at 5:39am

Comment by Doan Nguyen Xuan on September 5, 2013 at 1:13am

A boy with smile and smiling eyes

This pic is taken at visiting trip Duchene families in Hanoi, Bac Giang, Vinh Phuc in Vietnam

Comment by Trinh Nguyen on January 18, 2012 at 11:48pm

Beautiful, sweet smile !

Thank you for sharing. Love him.

Trinh

Comment by Robin Taylor on January 18, 2012 at 11:47pm

Beautiful smile ---

Comment by Debra Chiabai on January 18, 2012 at 11:02pm

Here's my beautiful boy Alex in Montreal last summer.

Comment by Robin Taylor on September 19, 2011 at 10:35am

Totally agree --- what a smile!!

I spent the weekend with Louie and Bella (his 18 month old sister) and loved every minute of it.  Louie's first comment to me was "are you happy to see me?" ---I was so happy to see him and Bella.

Comment by Cheryl Hartwig on September 16, 2011 at 3:14pm
This is my son Jacob.  He was diagnosed January 2011.  What a smile!  Everyday that I get to see him smile is a great day.
Comment by Cheryl Hartwig on September 16, 2011 at 3:13pm
Comment by Robin Taylor on September 14, 2011 at 11:06pm
Louie is our grandson. He was diagnosed September 2011.  He has never been one for getting his picture take but just recently, he has decided to smile -- a new silly smile for him. 
Comment by Betty Vertin on July 31, 2011 at 7:17pm

This is a picture of Max's smile!

Members (112)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service