Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Information

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

For families who take their children to Cincinnati Children's Hospital for DMD/BMD  medical care.

Members: 193
Latest Activity: Sep 17, 2015

Discussions

Hotel recommendations

Started by Keith Van Houten. Last reply by Amelia Nov 10, 2014. 17 Replies

What Dr. Wong has done for me

Started by Kelvinsmom - Michelle. Last reply by Rachel Sedacca-Replogle Sep 3, 2014. 18 Replies

Serial Casting

Started by Wendy Juzwiak. Last reply by Wendy Juzwiak Aug 4, 2011. 3 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center to add comments!

Comment by Lisa Jones on August 28, 2008 at 8:13pm
I spoke to the principal about my concerns about Bradley's attendance. He will be absent for 10 days in order to go to the service dog camp and will probably be absent for medical visits in Cincinnati. She said after 10 days of absences, additional absences would require a doctor's note. This was a big relief.
Comment by Erin on August 21, 2008 at 11:59pm
Will anyone be seeing Dr. Wong Tuesday - Thursday August 28th?
Comment by Lisa Jones on August 19, 2008 at 9:07pm
We hope to return in January although we are due to go back in December. Dr. Wong and Dr. Cripe really wanted to see Bradley in 6 months because of his changes in medications. In her progress note to Bradley primary physician, Dr. Cripe recommended close surveillance of his heart. She added a new diagnosis of cardiomyopathy.

I'm am concerned about getting Bradley to Cincinnati in Dec. or Jan. because Bradley is going to be absent from school for 10 days just to go to Service Dog Training camp. So I'm not sure how much he can more he can miss for doctor appointments. The student handbook did not specify a limit on absences but mentioned something about not approving absenses absences after 10. It was very vague, the way it was stated. It'd be nice to go while he is on Christmas break but I don't think my husband can get off work then.
It is so worth it to go again in 6 months. We may continue the 6 month schedule if Dr. Wong is in agreement. My husband is not easily impressed but he was so impressed, he is willing to go every 6 months. They are great there at CCHMC!!
Comment by Tanya Fleming on August 18, 2008 at 11:02am
How do you afford the trips. I see a great Doctor in Dallas.
Comment by Rhiannon Traigle on August 16, 2008 at 11:37pm
We will be there November 11-13 for our first appointment!
Comment by Kim Simpson on August 15, 2008 at 10:12pm
We drive 8 hours to see Dr. Wong. Dr. Wong and her team are the best! We will be coming back to her in November.
Comment by Jacqueline Smith on August 15, 2008 at 6:28pm
We are seeing Dr. Wong on Oct. 9th, as well as Dr. Do, they both are the best in there field!
Comment by Bains on August 15, 2008 at 11:10am
we are seeing dr wong on october 13/14
Comment by Kari on August 15, 2008 at 11:08am
We are seeing Dr Wong Nov 11 - 13 and will be arriving on Nov 8 and leaving around Nov 15 or 16.
Comment by Jessica Rownd on August 15, 2008 at 10:47am
We will be seeing Dr. Wong for the first time Sept 16. We will be arriving in Cincy Sept 13. We are staying at the Marriott Conference Center at Kingsgate. Any one going to be there?

Members (192)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service