Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Information

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

For families who take their children to Cincinnati Children's Hospital for DMD/BMD  medical care.

Members: 193
Latest Activity: Sep 17, 2015

Discussions

Hotel recommendations

Started by Keith Van Houten. Last reply by Amelia Nov 10, 2014. 17 Replies

What Dr. Wong has done for me

Started by Kelvinsmom - Michelle. Last reply by Rachel Sedacca-Replogle Sep 3, 2014. 18 Replies

Serial Casting

Started by Wendy Juzwiak. Last reply by Wendy Juzwiak Aug 4, 2011. 3 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center to add comments!

Comment by Chad Studebaker on October 1, 2011 at 4:41pm
Anyone going to CCHMC on Oct 5-6th?  We'll be there with both boys,
Comment by Wendy Juzwiak on October 1, 2011 at 12:59pm
We will be there February 23! 
Comment by Lisa Jones on October 1, 2011 at 12:31am

Our next appointments will be Feb.1 & 2. We will probably stay at Hannaford Suites again. Does anyone else go in Feb?

Comment by Patti Frank on September 19, 2011 at 10:40am

Hi, anyone going to Cinncy week of Nov. 7?  We'll be there with Kevin, age 12.  Staying at Hyatt.  Hope to see some families that week.

Patti

Comment by Patti Frank on August 23, 2011 at 10:28am

Will be in Cinncy November 7-11, with appts. on 11/8, 11/9, 11/10 and staying at the Hyatt downtown as usual.  anyone going to be there that week?  Let me know. Would love to see some other folks. 

Comment by Wyatt's Mommy, Melissa on August 8, 2011 at 8:22pm

I think 3 days the first visit and 2 days subsequent visits is the normal way they do it there.  We too have BCBS and normally have pretty good luck with them paying for cincinnati visits.  The only time they weren't too happy was when Wyatt had an MRI.  My insurance tried to say that the test was diagnostic for DMD.  However Dr. Wong did order the test so I think they eventually paid it.  My advice would be just to call your insurance prior to leaving tell then exactly what the appt. itinerary says and get "pre-authorized".  Hopefully it will all work out.  The billing folks at CCHMC are amazing, so if you have any issues talk to them, they will help you. 

Comment by Wendy Juzwiak on August 8, 2011 at 9:48am

Oh boy so we may get a bill in the mai.  Ok at least I am prepared for that now.

Thanks for the answers! This board has been so helpful!

Comment by Jennifer and Billy Hollingsworth on August 8, 2011 at 9:14am

Hi Lisa.  I have BCBS also and they have been a nightmare about paying "in network".  Do you have any tips, etc. that you could share as to how you got them to pay so well? 

Also, we will be there the week of September 20th.  Hope to meet Megan and Leeandra there!!

Wendy, our first visit was three days - we're usually done in two now.  It just depends on what testing is being done!!

Thanks to all of you wonderful moms and dads for sharing this unique experience together!

Comment by Lisa Jones on August 7, 2011 at 10:41pm

Wendy,

I also meant to tell you that we usually go for 3 days of appointments in the summer and 2 days of appointments in the winter.

Comment by Lisa Jones on August 7, 2011 at 10:40pm

Wendy,

Sometimes we are asked to pay copays and other times we pay after the insurance has been billed. I am fortunate to have a flex spending benefit through my work place and this helps with deductibles and out of pocket maximum. We have BCBS and they have been great about covering everything so far. I am a little uneasy about out last set of bills which totaled almost $20,000. He did have a sleep study this time and that involves a hospital room overnight. I am sure it will all work out and the insurance will cover everything as they always have.

Members (192)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service