PPMD Community

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Information

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

For families who take their children to Cincinnati Children's Hospital for DMD/BMD  medical care.

Members: 191
Latest Activity: Sep 3

Discussions

What Dr. Wong has done for me

Started by Kelvinsmom - Michelle. Last reply by Rachel Sedacca-Replogle Sep 3. 18 Replies

Serial Casting

Started by Wendy Juzwiak. Last reply by Wendy Juzwiak Aug 4, 2011. 3 Replies

CINI VISIT

Started by Archana. Last reply by Lisa Jones Jul 19, 2011. 1 Reply

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center to add comments!

Comment by Rosalie on August 1, 2011 at 11:47pm

Christopher and I are going to be there AUgust 22-26 if anyone is going to be there would love to meet up

Comment by Jessica Rownd on July 31, 2011 at 10:03pm
We r headed to see Dr. Wong on Aug 24. Wyatt's appt is on aug 25th. Would love to meet up with anyone up there at the same time.
Comment by Wendy Juzwiak on July 31, 2011 at 9:51pm

We just got back from our first visit and can't believe how much we learned even though Brayden was diagnosed 4 years ago!  We stayed at the Hannaford Suites and they were all very accommodating.  The area was really nice and not too far from the hospital!  The pool was very warm, but it is up some steps so if any of the DMD boys aren't walking it would be difficult to get them into the pool unless you carry them up.  The rooms were clean and the continental breakfast was great!  Dr. Wong and the team in Cincy were awesome!

This visit was 3 days.  Are they always 3 days?  And does anyone have to pay copays?  We weren't charged any and are nervous we are going to get a bunch of bills now.  Everytime we checked in they asked if we were BC/BS and the MDA?  I can't imagine the MDA covers the copays! 

Comment by Megan Knight on July 31, 2011 at 6:26pm
So excited.  Found out that Liam has gotten appointments to go to Cinci Sept 20-Sept 22.  So glad to be going somewhere that KNOWS about duchenne.  Hopefully Liam starts getting the care he really needs.
Comment by Leeandra Arhdeacon on July 28, 2011 at 12:38am
We will be going for our first time September 20th to 22nd. Any tips are welcome.
Comment by Lisa Jones on July 19, 2011 at 9:03pm
Lisa, Here is a link from the Cincinnati Children's website that gives details on lodging. You can call guest services and they will make reservations for you. http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/visit/travel/lodging.htm 

We have stayed at Hannaford Suites and Crown Plaza and liked both places. The thing about Hannaford Suites is that Breakfast is included and the rate is $10 cheaper. I know others have good things to say about other hotels as well.

Comment by Betty Vertin on July 18, 2011 at 3:05pm
We will be in Cincinatti August 30-September 1st.  We would love to meet another family there that week.
Comment by Lisa Crawford on July 13, 2011 at 9:53pm
I will be in Cinci Sept. 6, 7, & 8th, this will be our first visit, would like to know if any other parents will be there at this time. Also any helpful tips as far as lodging?
Comment by Lisa Jones on June 27, 2011 at 7:23pm

Tagni,

Hannaford Suites is a great place to stay. They have a very nice continental breakfast every morning. They also have a chef who cooks omelets to the order. The rooms are very nice. The rooms have a kitchen area and living room area. There is also an outdoor pool. The hotel is not that far from the hospital and there is a mall and other shopping areas nearby. I think the rate for CCHMC families is $69 per night. We got a winter discount in January ($55 per night).

We did have an unfortunate experience one December when they called telling us that they would have to send us to another hotel because others had stayed extra nights because of bad weather. We were irritated that after having reservation 4 months in advance, we were sent to another hotel. They did pay the $10 difference in price. But we got over it in the end and went back because we like it there.

Comment by Tagni McRae on June 27, 2011 at 5:04pm
I'm trying ton convince the husband to stay at the Hannford Suites vs. a downtown hotel on our August visit to Cincinnatti.  Our son is still walking, but it's tough for him to walk around downtown too much. Plus, hotel parking is so expensive. Anyone for pros and cons?  Where did the discussion about accommodations go?  Maybe it was old.  Thanks!

Members (191)

© 2014   Created by PPMD.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service