Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Cinncinati area?

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

We just got back from our appointments and stayed at the Holiday Inn-Riverfront, in Covington, KY. The rooms were nice, staff were very accomodating, it was not too expensive, and they provided a free shuttle to and from the hospital. My only comment is that there weren't many restaurants or even drug stores/convenience stores (unless you count the "Smiling Smoker" for beer/liquor/cigarettes). If we stayed there again, we would definitely have to rent a car. We'll be going back in 6 months, so will check out the Hyatt and Hannaford Suites.
We always stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel located on Pfieffer Rd. about a 15 minute drive north off 71. It can be booked through Guest Services and is discounted ($75.00 a night). The beds are very comfortable (temperpedic), it has an huge atrium with a restaurant (buffet breakfast & lunch) and pool inside. The big draw for us is the pool! They keep it eceptionally warm (in the 90's!). Feels like your swimming in a big jacuzzi! Very therapeutic for our sons. They have a Bob Evans, Subway and gas/convenience store in walking distance. I've stayed at others but am hooked on the Crowne now. It's been our place of choice for the last 4 visits now.
We had always stayed at Hannaford Suites until our most recent trip in December, 2009. We were very disappointed to receive a call the day we were to check in and hear that we had lost our reservations made in August, 2009 because someone didn't check out and they had no other room for us. They did make arrangements for us to go to Crown Plaza. The accommodations were not near what we would have had a Hannaford Suites but it was right by the interstate. I'm not sure what we will do next time because my husband was very unhappy that our reservations didn't matter. We were told there is a law in Ohio that if someone doesn't check out, they cannot make them leave so they had no choice. We are just hoping this doesn't happen again....but at least they got us a room at another hotel.
Four Points Sheraton is a nice hotel right on Montgomery Road in Kenwood with close proximity to I71 and many restaurants. If you want one closer to the hospital, Quality Hotel in Norwood is nice- no indoor pool but good breakfast bar.

Anyone stayed at the Hyatt Regency?

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service