I just got an appointment with Dr. Wong for April. I was curious how insurance plays into all of this if you are out of state. My insurance does not cover out of state benefits. We can change insurance in November but none of the choices that are given are the same for Louisiana and Ohio. Any input would be appreciated.

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Our insurance wouldn't cover out of state care either (out of network) and we also go to Cinc.. We are in and HMO. We were told we had a 99% chance of being denied. After a strong letter of recommendation for care at CCHMC from our pediatrician we were granted approval for out of state coverage and have no problem going now. I strongly recommend you help your pediatrician write the letter if they will let you. They most likely don't know much about DMD or CCHMC and the multi-disiplinary care there and their extensive knowledge & experience with DMD patients. Let me know if you need any help on the letter.
Karen
Karen,

Thanks for the info. I am going to talk to my husband's HR dept. to see if there is another insurance plan we can pick. I may take you up on that help with a letter if I need to . Thanks again.
Be glad to help if you need it. That's what we're all here for - to help, listen and learn from each other.
Karen

Kimberly Damron said:
Karen,

Thanks for the info. I am going to talk to my husband's HR dept. to see if there is another insurance plan we can pick. I may take you up on that help with a letter if I need to . Thanks again.
We had an HMO as well and our pediatrician wrote a very strong letter to the insurance company to persuade them to let us go out of state but our insurance company was very hard-nosed. I wrote a letter to our HR department and ask that we be able to change our plan from HMO to PPO and our request was granted. PPO is about $100 more expensive and we have a deductible but it comes out cheaper because they would not pay anything under HMO. Our son is also covered under Katie Beckett Medicaid, which normally picks up our deductibles/co-pays but won't if we are out of state. I have appealed numerous times to them but they are not flexible. It took me a while to get our insurance situation fixed and was frustrating but hang in there because it will work out.
There's an insurance process you can follow on the clinic's website at:

http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/svc/alpha/n/neuromuscular/visit/...

I have an out of state HMO and went through the referral process. No luck so far.
Does anyone know if Dr. Wong accepts Medicaid?
How can I apply Katie Beckett Medicaid for my 3 year old son Nicolas, we live in Miami, FL.

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service