Does anybody go to Houston for DMD?  If, so, who do you see and are you satisfied?  We are in amarillo

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Our doctor is Dr. Timothy E Lotez MD at Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic of Texas Children's Hospital. He is great and we love him.
Did you get referred to him by your pediatrician? We have been going to Cincinatti, but were less than satisfied this lat time, and were thinking maybe it would be better for the boys to get a doctor in Texas. They are 10 and 8. I assume this hospital is in Houston, though there is a Children's Hospital in Dallas.
We first went to Dr. Lotze but switched to Cincinnatti. When we left Texas Children's Lotze was in the process of setting up a clinic like Cincinatti. Have they created a clinic where are the doctors meet together and discuss what is going on with DMD patients? All appointments in the same day or within a day or two?
Jean,
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes. I got referred to him by my pediatrician and this hospital is in Houston,Texas.
Best wishes,
Melanie

Jean said:
Did you get referred to him by your pediatrician? We have been going to Cincinatti, but were less than satisfied this lat time, and were thinking maybe it would be better for the boys to get a doctor in Texas. They are 10 and 8. I assume this hospital is in Houston, though there is a Children's Hospital in Dallas.
Kristi,
My son has been diagnosed on Oct 2009, and we regularly see doctor Lotez in every 6 months.
This year we had an appointment with Dr Lotez on Aug 13, 2010, and a cardiology test is scheduled on Aug 25, 2010. I do believe Dr Lotez has discussed with cardiologist on what's going on DMD boys but not sure if a clinic like Cincinnatti has been set up.
Best,
Melanie

Kristi Koop said:
We first went to Dr. Lotze but switched to Cincinnatti. When we left Texas Children's Lotze was in the process of setting up a clinic like Cincinatti. Have they created a clinic where are the doctors meet together and discuss what is going on with DMD patients? All appointments in the same day or within a day or two?
Thank you. will follow up on this

Melanie Sunny said:
Our doctor is Dr. Timothy E Lotez MD at Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic of Texas Children's Hospital. He is great and we love him.

RSS

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service