Christians with DMD/BMD

Information

Christians with DMD/BMD

Members: 116
Latest Activity: Feb 3, 2016

Discussions

A beautiful book for our boys

Started by Veronica E.. Last reply by Leigh Alisen Pernosky May 19, 2011. 5 Replies

Can DMD be your Idol?

Started by Lori Ware. Last reply by Alejandra Lagffer Jul 31, 2010. 7 Replies

Angry at God....

Started by Char Burke. Last reply by Linda Jul 29, 2009. 9 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Christians with DMD/BMD to add comments!

Comment by Jo-Anne on August 23, 2008 at 5:57am
I was browsing and came across this site, wonderful work, it is so amazing to see how many families are actually Christians and knowing that we can stand together and pray together. It is also sad to see so many people turn away from God because of the trials in their lives and may this site be a testimony to all that when we are more than one gathered in His name, God is amongst us in our presence. God Bless and thank you for starting this site. May we see great miracles happen.
Comment by Rhiannon Traigle on August 19, 2008 at 12:22am
This is a bible verse that just really hit home for me. I just wanted to share it.

'Do you not know or have you not heard?
The Lord is the eternal God, creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint nor grow weary, and His knowledge is beyond scrutiny.
He gives strength to the fainting; for the weak he makes vigor abound.
Though young men faint and grow weary, and youths stagger and fall,
They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles' wings;
They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.

Isaiah 40: 28-31
Comment by Kelvinsmom - Michelle on August 11, 2008 at 9:36pm
I am just glad to know other Christians are out there, as after attending a local MDA parent support group last week, I need this, as I believe that many of us have the same belief that with prayer and faith, there will be help, in time for our sons, it is time for the boys to get the help they've so long needed. Miracles are all around us and I know personally of some that have happened in the last year. The first topic at the meeting I attended was them telling me to fill out forms to Medicare, Job and Family Services, etc. and they said that this is so that in a few years when my son can't walk that I'll quickly have better help. I do understand what they are talking about as far as the paperwork, but there was never the attitude that possibly, Kelvin will never need financial help that they were pushing. I just felt like too many folks have given up. Most of us are doing much, much for our sons and hence, the reason that boys are doing much better for so much longer. As doctors and nurses have told me, it is us (the mothers and fathers) that are making the differences in our boys. Many illnesses have had cures found and we need to stick together and have faith that all of the boys can live on to lead a productive life, no matter what their situation is at this point. I am not quiet about my son, not to anyone, and within a few days, had hundreds and hundreds of folks everywhere praying for Kelvin. As Marla said, it is prayer in numbers and even Kelvin understands and talks about God, Heaven, etc., with no fear, as he has the power of prayer all around him, giving him the comfort of a future of change for boys of DMD.
Comment by Traci Rico on August 6, 2008 at 1:24am
What a wonderful pray Marla. I like you idea of setting time aside all around the same time. Where two or more are gathered in His name He will be there. I'd like to set this time up in my Outlook so I know this time will be DMD prayer time with our community.
Comment by Marla & Vaughn Tabor on August 5, 2008 at 10:09pm
This is so wonderful! Prayers are so powerful and more so in numbers. Would you be interested in setting aside a time and day of the week for us all to stop what we are doing and pray for our boys and their families? We can also pray for those with a prayer request and exchange some of our favorite prayers and stories of blessings. I would like to share this prayer called "Thy Will Be Done" because it is so fitting for us ; Father in heaven, unite my will with that of Your son. Thank You for giving me a spirit of submission, tender and open to the Holy Spirit. In every circumstance I commend myself to Your grace and choose what is pleasing to You. Father, I delight to do Your will. When I lay my life before You and say "Thy will be done," You receive it as an act of worship. Wonderful Lord, You have come tenderly into the deepest struggles of my life and whispered, "Just keep Your eyes on me. Trust me to take care of You." You have come into my broken heart and made it a place of worship. You have drawn me to praise You when everything in my world was in ashes. You have called me to trust beyond all reason. I lay my life upon the altar of Your love and say with joy in my soul,
"Thy will be done." Jesus, I trust in You."

Thank you and God bless,

Marla Tabor
Comment by Cyndi on August 4, 2008 at 4:14pm
I am a friend of Kari's. I don't have any children with MD, but I would be blessed to be a part of this prayer chain. The more opportunities I have to think of others' needs instead of my own, and pray for them, the better. Funny how we have more joy that way. Thank you Lord for children and the many lessons they teach us about You and your love for us.
Comment by Kari on August 2, 2008 at 11:28am
Wonderfully said Jan!
Comment by jan on August 2, 2008 at 5:29am
I believe that the best we can do for our sons is to have a deep personal relationship with our saviour Jesus Christ and his father our GOD and to make sure that we lead our children to do the same and to experience the same. We all pray for God to provide a cure for the illness but that will only cure the body. We must not forget the soul.

May God be with each of us always.
Comment by Kari on August 1, 2008 at 1:49am
Gals,
I thought it would be a good idea for us to start thinking about our prayer concerns, so each of you email me at stephenandkari@att.net with those prayer concerns along with your private email address and then I can just send all of the prayers concerns to everyone. Does that sound the best way to accomplish this for now? We can post them on the site but figured that you all may not want to do it that way. We can all just hold each other up everyday or pick two days out of the month and take turns. Let me know what you all think. God Bless!
Comment by Kari on August 1, 2008 at 1:45am
Rhiannon,

I am glad you found this group by accident, but I believe God is already at work bringing us all together. Thank you for such great info. We will have to talk about Heaven after we both start reading this book. I only started Chapter 2 and have not really had as much time to read.

Members (114)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2020   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service