Christians with DMD/BMD

Information

Christians with DMD/BMD

Members: 116
Latest Activity: Feb 3, 2016

Discussions

A beautiful book for our boys

Started by Veronica E.. Last reply by Leigh Alisen Pernosky May 19, 2011. 5 Replies

Can DMD be your Idol?

Started by Lori Ware. Last reply by Alejandra Lagffer Jul 31, 2010. 7 Replies

Angry at God....

Started by Char Burke. Last reply by Linda Jul 29, 2009. 9 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Christians with DMD/BMD to add comments!

Comment by Kari on August 14, 2009 at 12:37pm
Tamara and Renee, I am glad you found this site. It is very helpful. I have not had enough time to spend on here lately but will try to get back to having more time. Working full time does not help but Lord willing, I will get some extra time and energy somehow.
Comment by Renee Azzouz on July 13, 2009 at 11:44pm
Hello, My name is Renee. My son Riyan, 7, was recently diagnose with DMD. For the past 2 years we believed that his difficulty was seconary to a broken femur when he was 4. I am anxious to have contact with other families who are having similar experiences and with those who may have gone through the stages that we are in. This past month would have been difficult without the support of family and friends but especially my faith in a God that loves my beautiful son more that I do (its hard to believe). Id love to get to know others and their families,
Comment by Tamara "Michael's Mulisha" on July 7, 2009 at 10:51pm
Our son, Michael, was diagnosed a year ago this month. I was a wreck as many of you all probably were too. I thought this destroyed my life as well as Michael's. Immedietly I put him in a wheelchair (in my mind) and had no hope for the future. I gave up before I fought. Then in January, I started to go to church for the first time in my life. Things started to turn around for all of us. My husband and I gained the strength to fight for our son and we both found the support we needed to get through this. I feel more at peace now that I have found the Godly way. I hope you all have too. Michael is a patient of Dr. Wong. He went to see her in April. We then had a muscle biopsy in May and just today found out the results. He has been diagnosed with mild/moderate BMD. Our prayers were answered as this is what we were asking for since his biopsy. I just found your group and I wanted to join. I hope this finds all of you well as well as your boys.
Comment by Tracy Sullivan on June 3, 2009 at 2:41pm
We will not be able to attend this year. We are doing alot of home improvements.
Comment by Barb Rush on June 2, 2009 at 8:04pm
we would love to go but we are going to Disney in oct, can't afford both!
Comment by Jessica Rownd on June 2, 2009 at 4:24pm
We will be there. I am taking my mom with me this year. My husband has to work.

Jess
Comment by Kari on June 2, 2009 at 1:37am
Jennifer,

We would love to go but don't think we can raise the funds in time. If we end up being able to, we will let you know.

Kari
Comment by Jennifer Kember on May 12, 2009 at 7:27pm
My husband and I are wondering if anyone from this group is planning to attend the conference this year in Atlanta. We would love to meet you.
Comment by Kari on April 29, 2009 at 8:06pm
Praise God we are up to 70. It seems we are all so busy these days. How are you all doing? I hope everyone is doing great and I know even as tough as it has been these days, God gives us hope! I praise God for giving Jared the ability to be accepting of a new wheelchair (only for long walks so far) and for restricting PE although we are still not sure what to do here totally yet. God is good and I know is walking every step of this journey with us. It is still difficult but one day at a time. God bless you all.
Comment by Jennifer Kember on April 23, 2009 at 5:51pm
Hello everyone. We are very happy to have found this group. Up to this point we have not been in contact with other Christians that are dealing with DMD. Our 8 year old son David has DMD. He was diagnosed 1.5 years ago. I am a carrier and we also have an 11 year old daugher Rebekah and a 3 year old son that does not have DMD. We live in Orangeville, Ontario, Canada. We are looking forward to being part of this group.

Members (115)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2019   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service