Latest Activity: May 16

Discussions

New trial coming to Winnipeg

Started by Joshua's mom. Last reply by Joshua's mom Jun 21, 2013. 7 Replies

Who pays for your deflazacort?

Started by Angie Evans. Last reply by Andrew Kerr Apr 2, 2012. 7 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Canadian Families to add comments!

Comment by Jennifer on January 3, 2012 at 1:48pm

Andrew,

We have been contributing since they started the RDSP.  I believe last year they told me that they would allow me to catch up for previous years if need be, so you can look into that as well.

Comment by Andrew Kerr on January 3, 2012 at 11:22am

Jennifer, I remembered hearing that was a planned changed, but never heard if it had gone through or not.  Glad to hear it has.  It might be time for us to start contributing to one for our boys.

Comment by Jennifer on January 2, 2012 at 6:19am

I believe there has been a change to the RDSP situation in Canada:

Contribute to a Registered Disability Savings Plan

This vehicle allows people to put a lifetime limit of up to $200,000 into a tax-sheltered plan.

"New for 2011, RDSP holders with shortened life expectancy can withdraw up to $10,000 annually from their RDSPs without repaying grants and bonds," says Golombek. "A special election must be filed with [the Canada Revenue Agency] by Dec. 31 to make a withdrawal in 2011.

Comment by Char Burke on January 1, 2012 at 10:18pm

Question for my Canadian compatriots - is anyone in the clinical trial with GSK out of Vancouver and what kind of access to meds after the trial is over?  Thanks Char Burke

Comment by Sharon Kippers on December 15, 2011 at 4:57pm

Hello everyone it has been a while since i have been on here. hope everyone is doing well.

Comment by Nimi Langer on July 24, 2011 at 2:46am
dsg
Comment by Nimi Langer on July 24, 2011 at 2:46am

Dear all Vancouverites. We are a family with a 5 year old with DMD. His name is Hadas. We live in Israel but we have strong roots in Vancouver and we are traveling in august to Vancouver B.C to  visit family .

We are looking to catch up with someone from the community in Vancouver if there is anyone that is free for a visit and conversation it would be much apprecitated.

Take care all,

Nimi

Comment by Jason G on April 14, 2011 at 11:11pm
Niagara peninsula childrens centre's funding is tight and their waiting list is long. Once your son is in the school system they take over. Josh goes to a weekly swim excercise class at the centre and is still seen very occassionly by their PT and OT. We had to push to keep him there though.
Comment by Sharon Kippers on April 14, 2011 at 10:57pm
My son will be 5 this year so anyone familiar with the npcc know that he will be discharged from recieving services that he needs. I have no idea where to go from here. Where can he still get therapy from? I know how the school system works but outside of school he still needs ot,pt and speech on a weekly basis. Any advice?
Comment by Pavel Voronenko on February 7, 2011 at 1:02pm

Check this out: Finding hope in a spider's bite

This link came from other group discussion, but  I think it is interesting and giving some hope...

Members (55)

Need help using this community site? Visit Ning's Help Page.

Members

Events

© 2018   Created by PPMD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service